Re: Do you believe in the concept of wrong and right?
Alright, back again!
Eh, I do like analogies
Good example... Kind of. The only problem is that it is made up to fit your statement. Anybody can do that and it makes nothing true. That entire statement was a made-up scenario.
"No matter what our belief there is a truth"
^ This is a belief. You can belief that all day long, that's fine. The rest of the world may not agree. Say 75% do, does that make the other 25% wrong? Nope... Because it's a belief. There is nothing that exist that says that is the ultimate truth.
This is the think. I right now am on the internet. That is a fact. And it can be proven. A truth can be proven, a belief cannot. When I say "God" I speak of the existence of our omnipotent Creator. Whether or not something/someone/etc. exists is something that can be proven, and therefore there is a truth about it. See the Law of the Excluded Middle.
Well, looks like you agree with my previous paragraph, so you can ignore it, lol. But, let us both keep this on topic, as much as I'd like to discuss truth. In relation to this topic, there, by nessicity, are either no morals and "good" and "bad" are chosen by the whims of the fellow men that happen to live near us, or there is One above us who has a set of rules that we must follow.
"Either there is or isn't a God"
^ This is an absolute truth. It's like yes or no. Right or Wrong. Do or don't. There is no denying that. What else is there? The absolute truth is that there is a God or there is not. That is not a belief.
Yeah... I'm defiantly younger... let's just say I'm a minor, haha ^_^
But to be honest, I would say that mentally and physically I'm somewhat more mature than the average person my age. Good to know we can talk peacefully.
Just something i think is worth posting. A book I happen to be reading that had a chapter covering morality. Thought I'd speak from it:
There are 4 questions regarding morality
Whence the origin of morality?
-If there is no God, it comes from man's opinion.
What is the motivation for morality?
-If there is no God, then I would do best to live for myself alone.
How is morality to be defined?
-If there is no God, there is no evil.
Does immorality have an ultimate consequence?
-If there is no God, it makes no difference how one lives their life.
Atheism thus affirms:
In the beginning, Nothing was. And Nothing caused man to evolve from nothingness. With the passage of time, from nothingness man developed morality, which suggests that we "ought" to do right, and not do evil. But the time is coming when again there will be nothing. Let us, therefore, fall down before the throne of Nothing, and be good.
I summarized a section of the book in my own words, please understand that.