Re: How would Naruto fare in the Kage encounter if he swapped with Sasuke???
1. Naruto defeated Pain
Originally Posted by Nanaki
2. Naruto had been training just minutes before his summoning with Pain, and had just used a rushed idea to use shadow clones to sustain SM
3. Jiraiya said it himself, the Kyuubi comes when he is feeling emotionally unstable, or in life-threatening situations. Thus, if the Kyuubi did not come at that time, it would have come probably before Naruto getting the thing sucked out of him.
4. What words made it clear that he could have killed him? I actually found quite the opposite, "My way of the ninja is the same as my masters, so... I won't kill you. Naruto overcomes his rage! Next chapter!!
5. He withstood Nagatos chakra at point blank range.
6. Naruto had been collecting information on Nagato for a few weeks or so, Akatsuki had PLENTY of information about Naruto for a few years at the least. You do remember the info that shinobi corpses leave? Madara commented on how Naruto ended two of Kakuzus lives in one attack. They had THAT detail, suggesting that they definitely had info on him as well. Itachi also fought him, and I'm sure he had to keep his cover. Pain most likely knew the "truth" about Itachi but whatever.
7. In manga canonicity, it has been stated by characters that Naruto defeated Pain. Kishi wrote those words on paper himself.
8. Obviously, we have RARELY seen Naruto kill an enemy. Haku was killed by Kakashi, Gaara was left alive and later turned into an ally, Kakuzu was killed by Kakashi, Mizuki was beaten to a pulp, the genin from the land of rain were not killed, and were even seen again in a filler arc later on, Kabuto escaped with Orochimaru, etc. From this we can speculate that Naruto doesnt typically kill anyway, so that could alter the path for him as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but when has he actually killed anyone? Oh yeah, Itachis clone, and that can also be rounded off to the ferocity gained by the Kyuubis influence. A Kyuubi-sober Naruto in manga canonicity has not really killed anyone.