Kaien's dead but his soul is still alive... **May contain Spoilers**
*** LARGE POST*** Lots to read so beware -
Also my apologies, ive decided to keep this post up to date if i see something else that may pertain to my theory in this post. It's not to try and bump it to keep it alive. If anyone see's that it is otherwise let me know and i will just request it to be closed.
This is just a theory, all the details i am going to put together as best as i can. I do not base any of this as a FACT, so i leave this up for all debates.
First off, as the title says "Kaien's dead but his soul is still alive". Why do i say that? It could be a long obsession that i believe he still represents a large role in this story of Bleach. Primarily for the fact is appearance was in my opinion extremely short and not telling so much except some back drop story that wasn't bad, but was missing a lot of meaning since Kubo tied in a "love interest" that Rukia had kept quiet. Normally you wouldnt read something like that to just be whisked away and by this "interestingly chaotic" hollow that attacked and had the ability of a parasite to jump from Host to Host if its body or current host was killed. This theory in my head was brought upon the Black Hollow biting Masaki on the last page of todays chapter right as she blew its head off its shoulders.
Lets hit the details
1. Kaien's Zanpakuto's ability is Water Based. Starting with this because Water seems to be very important throughout Bleach. If you seen some reviews, topics, youtubes, lots of people bring this up with their theories.
2. Kaien wasn't attacked by a normal hollow, by that i mean he wasnt attacked by the normal dumb ones that just want to eat whats in front of them and smells good. He was attacked by an Intellegent, Fast and Chaotic hollow, which was a Metastacia type class hollow. This should be a nice first hint for something.
One thing i find odd about Kaien is his wife. I know most ever source has her listed as a Shiba, but i thought in the Bleach world she would have a different name and Kaien would take that name up, but Kaien is listed as a true Shiba and Brother to Ganju and Kukaku (now Isshin, since the cat is out of the bag). And his wife is listed as an In-Law.
Quote from Wiki - Realizing there was nothing he could do, Ukitake resolved to cut Metastacia and Kaien's body in half. As Metastacia attacked though, Ukitake's illness set in but the Hollow went past him and headed for Rukia, who had come back. As he approached Rukia however, she gained the resolve to kill him. As Metastacia died, he returned to Hueco Mundo as Aizen had created him to and Kaien was still a part of him. Once there, Aaroniero Arruruerie absorbed him and gained Metastacia's and Kaien's abilities.
3. When Rukia meets Ichigo and the story moves along, she starts to take notice how much Ichigo looks and acts like Kaien. Second Hint
4. Even though we only had a brief appearance of that Hollow that killed Kaien, his wife and the other Shinigami, its attitude, wreckless fighting and chaoticness are merged into Kaien for the brief time and we get to see a human form of it at work (because it merged with Kaien)... Ichigo once he starts losing a fight after gaining his own Shinigami and Hollow Abilities after Urahara's first basement training, his Hollow emerges for the first time during his fight with Byakuya. The hollows attitude is exactly the same, just more human form. Third Hint
5. Ichigo's personality and attitude. Well his personality is pretty much on par with Kaien in the Moral Core aspect, he seems pretty cold on the outside, but inside he cares about everyone and protecting everyone. Much like Kaien, but Kaien was more open about it. Once Ichigo got his powers awakened he wanted to protect everyone equally, regardless in the end if they were Human, Shinigami, Hollow or Quincy. He would also fight them on equal grounds rather than just over powering himself to finish them off, and would never kill anyone if he could try to reason with them or incapacitate them.
Quote from Wiki - Kaien believed that one's "heart" was determined based on the prospects of fighting and protecting. He was a firm believer in Captain Ukitake's philosophy on fighting, which consists of two types of combat: (1) the fight to protect life, and (2) the fight to protect honor. Kaien took it a step further and believed that they both ended up being the same thing: "Heart." He believed that every time someone connects with another, a little bit of "heart" is born between them. He thought of "heart" as not something inside you, but rather what is born whenever you think of or remember someone else. He believed that one's "heart" exists in others, and that it remains with his or her comrades even after death. Having held such views, he believed that people should never die alone. Fourth Hint
Ichigo is very much like Kaien, just with a harder shell outside look
6. Anytime Ichigo goes to his inner world he occasionally encounters his inverted/hollow self which looks exactly like him. Hichigo (hollow Ichigo) as we've known has expressed intelligence and power (due to Kaien and the Hollow merging physically as well as abilities, granting it Captain Level Strength and Intellect) since he first showed up and is Ichigo's near complete opposite. Hichigo expresses his manor in devious way that is similar to the Metastacia and when it merged with Kaien. Its just as aggressive and bullying. Note: we have not yet seen Hichigo in full color (besides his hand and partial sleeve) as to say if he looks just like Ichigo or Kaien. So my speculation is the Hollow inside Ichigo manifests its hosts form or maybe the look or memory of a previous host.
7. Rain...this is brought up quite a bit. It only rains when Ichigo is out of place, sad, lack of resolve or in the latest case the Black hollow Shows up. We havent fully seen Kaien's Zanpakuto Capabilities (i maybe wrong and have forgotten) but its obvious Water/Rain is connected to their existences, not just by relation. I believe this is brought up by Kaien's *will* alone reflected by Ichigo's shut down lack of will and resolve, when his soul feels he cant protect anyone. This also brings up how Zangetsu (which is both the Swords Soul and the Hollow so far hat we know) hates the Rain, as its the counter part, not necessarily the weakness per say. Also hollow young Zangetsu became saddened and the inner World was already flooding, it rained even more because they wanted to protect Ichigo who is the only one that we know of capable of protecting everyone and is the Key to something big in the 3rd Arc that will soon be showing up. Fifth Hint
8. The Black Hollow - As stated it fights like a Shinigami with Hollow Abilities. It is Aizen's first Shinigami Hollowification Experiment. This in my opinion is the creation from the Metastacia that returned back to Hueco Mundo, to the Espada Aaroniero Arruruerie who was one of 2 known Scientist arrancar under Aizen. They may have, from whats been pulled together from the story so far, used the Metastacia since it merged with Kaien who was the body for the Host and create the first attempted Vizard. Kaien's body was the host inbedded with the essence and soul of the the Metastacia Hollow, but its stated that Rukia brought the body to the Shiba's, but its also stated the Metastacia broke down and returned to Hueco Mundo with parts of Kaien. Sounds confusing since the Meta didnt have Kaien in it, so i think after his body was brought to the Shiba's it then disappeared. With them Experimenting on it, if it was Kaien's body, it would more than certainly explain for its more Human body with a hollowification Arrancar look. Take note that when the Black Hollow speaks, its the same way Ichigo's Primordial Vasto lorde Version speaks... Feral Beast like. I think this is part of the experiment where Aizen probably ordered it that it to be altered to a primal creature level to not be able to communicate with anyone but them.
**NEW** 9. Aizen just confirmed (c.533) that the Black Hollow was made from the body a of a dead Shinigami. Which this could be any shinigami, but it would have to be one of considerable strength and ability to be able to match a captains strength even a captains bankai.
So this brings me to what might happen in the next chapter or future chapters. They will have its the Black Hollow's head and check it out, notice the mask is cracked and see Kaien's face. This will change Isshin's world as he knows it. This could be the starting point of Isshin's defection from SS.
If you read all this cool. Sorry for the long post. i hope someone finds it an interesting read. I am completely open for criticism on this. Let me know what you all think, like or dislike. Ive got lots of craziness up in my head.
also i dont take credit for all of this. All your posts in this forum helped me come to put some puzzle pieces together.