(角都, Kakuzu) was an S-rank missing-nin from Takigakure
and a member of Akatsuki
who was partnered with Hidan
. Within the organisation itself, Kakuzu acted as the organisation's Treasurer. When he was still a loyal, elite ninja of Takigakure, Kakuzu took on a mission to assassinate Hashirama Senju
. This mission, however, ended in failure. What awaited in his return to his village was the stigma and harsh punishment associated with the failure of his objective. In response to this treatment, a wrong levied against a shinobi who had put life and limb on the line for his village, Kakuzu came to hold a violent hatred for his village
as he escaped from imprisonment. In his flight from the village, Kakuzu killed the village elders, took their hearts
, and fled with knowledge of the village's most prized forbidden techniques
. He made a living off bounty hunting on the black market
, and tearing out the still-beating hearts of powerful shinobi to extend his own lifespan. Some time after his defection, he joined Akatsuki, and was given a number of partners, most of whom he killed, due to his short temper. This is why he was eventually partnered with Hidan, whom he could not kill because of his immortality. Kakuzu was a greedy, miserly individual, arranging goals in terms of the highest profit he could gain from them, and was often unwilling to involve himself in something if there was nothing to gain from it.
- All of Kakuzu's abilities revolved around his unique body structure, which was composed of hundreds of thick, grey tendrils woven throughout his flesh called Earth Grudge Fear, holding his body together like the stitches of a rag-doll. This allowed him to separate his body parts at will, to perform long-range physical attacks and sew up injuries he suffered.
- Kakuzu's threads granted him a degree of immortality;The threads could pierce the flesh and bodies of others, allowing him to remove their organs and integrate them into his own body, thereby extending his life. Depending on is rank, he may have up to 5 hearts at any given time.
- The hearts captured from other ninja granted Kakuzu numerous elemental affinities, along with a vast supply of chakra. By collecting these hearts Kakuzu's own affinity is reinforced and his skill in other elements is increased to the point that he was able to use various different elemental attacks that were noted to be impossible, without having an affinity to that particular element. What this means is that he is able to utilize and gain additional Advanced Elements in place of his normal hearts. The default hearts he has are below:
➔ Earth mask: It is unknown what animal this mask was, as it was destroyed before it could be seen, but the heart had an earth-affinity. It allowed Kakuzu to use Earth Release: Earth Spear.
➔ Tiger-like mask: This heart had a fire-affinity, and it took on the shape of a demonic tiger. It could use Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work. This mask could also unite with the Eagle-mask to launch a fire-wind dual strike, that was near unstoppable.
➔ Bull-like mask: This heart had a lightning-affinity, and it took on the shape of some sort of deformed bipedal. It could use Lightning Release: False Darkness.
➔ Eagle-like mask: This heart had a wind-affinity, and it took on a strange, four-legged body, with thin wings. It could use Wind Release: Pressure Damage. It could unite with the Tiger-mask to launch a fire-wind dual strike, that was near unstoppable.
➔ Water mask: In the anime, using the fifth heart stored in his body, Kakuzu could use water-based jutsu. Kakuzu used Water Encampment Wall when Shikamaru threw an exploding tag at him.
Heart Stealing Restrictions & Guidelines:
- You can only start stealing hearts of other people when you already have obtained the five basic hearts, meaning you need to be of Sannin rank.
- The total of hearts you can have always remains max 5.
- You can steal max 2 Advanced Elemental hearts; not all of these can be stolen. Currently only these ones: Blast, Crystal, Ice, Lava ( Quicklime and Rubber only ), Basic Magnetism, Steel, and Storm. He also can gain Wood release but only if it's the only element obtained.
- If the bio gets dropped, you lose the stolen hearts and must start with the basic elemental ones again.
- If you steal a heart, you have to sacrifice one of your current hearts, meaning you lose access to one of your basic elements (regardless of which KG you stole).
- You need to steal the hearts from a living body in an official battle in the Battle Arena or Ninja World. When you update your bio, you add the links of the version of the bio you took the heart from.
- If you steal a heart, you cannot have a second bio with that same Advanced Element.
- Kakuzu bio's can be made at all times.
- The hearts are unlocked based on your rank: Genin ➔ 1 heart (main body), S-Jounin ➔ 2 hearts, Jounin ➔ 3 hearts, S-Class ➔ 4 hearts, Sannin ➔ 5 hearts
- You still need to learn first the element before you can make a mask out of it. Even if you are a sannin, if you only learned one element, you will only have one heart.
- Your first heart is logically always the one inside your body and needs to be clearly mentioned in your bio.