The Rinnegan is a door to knowledge
The Rinnegan's True Power
- I will be theorizing on why I think the Rinnegan has yet to be used properly and it's true powers. Basically, it's why I think the Rinnegan is more than just the six paths and ability to have all elemental affinities. I believe that the Rinnegan's max potential is a door to knowledge. Once one has awakened the true ocular powers of the Rinnegan, then one will see everything and know everything.
- The Rinnegan is classified as a doujutsu, but it's ocular powers are insignificant.
It has always tingled my senses that Rinnegan is classified as the ultimate doujutsu, when the things that the Rinnegan "sees" are inferior to the Sharingan and Byakugan. If we take a look at the picture below, we see through the point of view of Neji and Obito.
All the Rinnegan sees is chakra and even less significant than the Sharingan and Byakugan. I have always thought that Rinnegan just gives you six overpowered jutsu from the Rikudo Sage, but it should not be worse than the other 2 dojutsus in seeing chakra. Which is the first reason why I think there is a true form of Rinnegan.
- Orochimaru's Goal
Orochimaru revealed his ambitions during Hiruzen's flashback before Hiruzens death. Orochimaru's true goal is to know everything in the world. Orochimaru realized that he did not have enough time in his lifespan to experiment with all the hypothesis's he conducted.
One of the steps that Orochimaru took in order to obtain the knowledge is the hypotehsis Kabuto mentioned that Orochimaru made about the Naka Shrine. Kabuto says that he and Orochimaru hypothesized about what it says on the Uchiha tablet and that hypothesis was about the power of the Sage of Six Paths, otherwise known as the Rinnegan.
Kabuto says that Madara's power is only a FRAGMENT of the Sage of Six paths. That means all this six paths jutsu is just a small fragment of the Rinnegan's true powers. The fact that Orochimaru researched the power of the Sage aka Rinnegan in order to obtain a true knowledge of everything must mean that Orochimaru found out that once the Rinnegan is fully unlocked, one will gain the knowledge of everything. This clearly means that there is much more to the Rinnegan than just jutsu, which I presume will be the door to knowledge in my next point.
- The Globe of the Narutoverse
There is something I noticed in the globe of the Narutoverse that the sensory unit uses. It looks just like the Rinnegan and even has the same amount of circles as the Rinnegan. The fact that the globe of the Narutoverse resembles the Rinnegan so much must be Kishimoto's symbolism that once a person achieves the Rinnegan's maximum potential, one will see everything in the world know everything in the world.
- The Rinnegan's maximum potential has yet to be fully unlocked.
- A person will know everything and gain full knowledge of the world once the Rinnegan's maximum potential is unlocked.
- Rikudo and the Juubi may be the only people to have fully unlocked the true Rinnegan.
- The fact that Orochimaru's goal is to know everything while researching the Rinnegan in the process must mean that full knowledge is the max power of the Rinnegan.