"Legends from the distant past are always exaggerated, but eventually, someone outdoes them… that's when new legends are born!"
Konoha's wise man
July 15 (41 Yrs)
Shikaku had two scars on the right side of his face which were probably his most noticeable feature. Like his son, he had dark hair tied up into a spiky ponytail, dark eyes as well as a goatee. His ears were also pierced.
He is portrayed as a bit of alcoholic and used some of catchphrases like "What a drag" or "How troublesome" .Unlike his son, his resolve was much stronger, as even during the most depressing or dangerous of situations, he had been shown to maintain great determination and understanding, as shown from how he had repeatedly helped Shikamaru regain his sense of worth.It was also revealed that he was amongst the few parents who did not order his son to stay away from Naruto Uzumaki.
Village of Birth:
Village of Alliance:
Water Release(Need's Training)
Wind Release(Need's Training)
Lightning Release(Need's Training)
Nara Clan Techniques(Need's Training)
During the Nine-Tails' attack on Konoha, Shikaku and his team-mates assisted in the village's defence. He wondered if it was Minato who had deflected the Nine-Tails' Tailed Beast Ball.
- During the Invasion of Konoha, he fought alongside his former team-mates to repel the invading forces and used the Shadow–Neck Binding Technique.
- After Shikamaru avenged Asuma and they played shōgi again, he discussed the concept of the "king" with Shikamaru before defeating him
- He and Inoichi went searching for Pain's real body soon afterwards, only to run into Naruto, who had defeated Pain. When Naruto told them not to follow him to Pain's base, as he wished to speak with Pain alone, Inoichi argued that talking wouldn't solve anything. However, Shikaku, remembering Shikamaru's words about Naruto, convinced Inoichi to comply
- Shikaku is appointed the Chief Battle Strategist of the alliance and remains at headquarters with Tsunade, A, and Ōnoki.
- He advises the Kage on battle tactics in how to best to mobilise the troops against
- The White Zetsu Army and the various reincarnated ninja.
- A strategy to seal Kinkaku that involved the new Ino–Shika–Chō
- To subdue Asuma without casualties.
- Contacting Genma, he tells him that he should prepare to teleport Mei to Tsunade who was heading to the battlefield.
- Assuming the role as leader again at headquarters, Shikaku asks for the status of the other battlefields. After hearing this, he orders them to inform the First, Second, Third and Fifth Divisions to back Naruto and B up as soon as their fights are over.
Praised by many for his genius, Shikaku was a tactical, and analytical master. His clan kept a medical encyclopaedia, thanks to which Tsunade was able to save Chōji Akimichi due to the detailed research that was done on the Three Coloured Pills.
- Garnering praise even from Kumogakure's Fourth Raikage, he was accredited as the reason why Konoha had always been such a difficult opponent.
- He regularly defeated his son Shikamaru — who himself is a genius with an IQ of over 200 — at shōgi, without the latter realising that the game was even lost.
BGM and Theme:
Won: None Yet
Lost: None Yet