Re: Strongest Naruto character
Here's my list:
1. Rikudo Sennin: This is an obvious #1. The Sage of Six Paths was easily the most powerful ninja to ever live, and likely will remain that way. He was the host of the Jyuubi, the most powerful ''demon'' or tailed beast there is. In addition, he had perfected the Rinnegan, Izanagi, and created the frickin' moon.
2. Hiruzen Sarutobi (Prime): Aside from the SOSP, Hiruzen was also known as the God of Shinobi. He was stated to have been able to counter every Konoha jutsu in existence, including the Mangekyo and Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan abilities. Even in his old age, Hiruzen was capable of fighting 2v1 with his former masters and Kages, and quickly landed what would have been a fight-ending blow (with a simple explosive tag no less).
3. Kabuto: Even before Shippuden, Kabuto took up a spot as one of the strongest ninja there was. Orochimaru stated that Kabuto was roughly as skilled in combat as Kakashi, which is an amazing credit to Kabuto's ability, especially considering he had only used medical ninjutsu up until Orochimaru ''died''. Upon absorbing Orochimaru's remains, Kabuto became even more powerful, augmenting Manda and using his medical knowledge and great chakra control to surpass his former teacher, and most ninjas period.
4. Naruto Uzumaki: Boasting high stamina and chakra, intelligence when he needs it most, senjutsu, and the Kyuubi, Naruto is a force to be reckoned with. In his new state, it's very likely that he can mix his Kyuubi power with Sage Mode, becoming an ungodly powerful ninja. He has perfected the Rasenshuriken, a devastating jutsu in it's own right, and in his full-Jinchuuriki form boasts speed akin to Minato's teleportation prowess.
5. Madara Uchiha/''Tobi'': Madara is powerful no doubt. He possesses the blood of both an Uchiha and a Senju, is capable of using the ''true'' Izanagi, and is the first user of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. He is capable of fully controlling the Nine-Tails, and fought on equal ground with Hashirama Senjutsu. With the addition of his new Rinnegan eye, Madara is more powerful than ever before, now capable of using all of the techniques Nagato used.
6. Minato Namikaze: The Fourth Hokage. What can be said? He was a skilled practitioner of jikukan ninjutsu and is strong enough to fight the Kyuubi all on his own, as well as land a damaging blow to Madara, who had acquired Jikukan abilities likely far before Minato was even a Chunin. He is the creator of the Rasengan and the Dead Demon Consuming Seal.. which is all that really needs to be said.
7. Sasuke Uchiha: Until I know what Sasuke can do with an EMS, he'll be placed here. Sasuke was, since birth, a genius and a prodigy much like his brother. He mastered several Fire-based techniques before most ninja even learn of Nature Transformation. He quickly learned the Chidori, and now has the powerful Mangekyo techniques as well as his own Blaze Release, utilizing Susano'o in ways Itachi didn't. Soon, there is no doubt in my mind that Sasuke will surpass all Uchiha before him, including Madara.
8. Itachi Uchiha: Formerly the pride of the Uchiha clan, Itachi was simply naturally gifted. Despite his supposed illness, he was capable of moving at high speeds and forming handsigns so quick that even Kakashi could hardly notice them at all. He was extremely skilled with Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi, and his Susano'o possessed two legendary artifacts, which in tandem made him virtually invincible. I'd rank Itachi above Sasuke up until Sasuke got his Mangekyo, and in a full-force fight Itachi would've slaughtered Sasuke.
9. Nagato: Nagato had the Rinnegan. That's really all I need to say. Capable of controlling six bodies at once, make clones of other people that included their kekkei genkai, using Chibaku Tensei, and at least two methods of ripping out someone's soul directly. In addition, he was powerful enough to revive the recently dead, upwards of hundreds of ninja at one time.
10. Sasori or The Second Hokage: Had a tough time deciding a fifth. Sasori is simply lethal, with Human Puppets he could potentially use any ability he wanted, granted he killed his target. In addition, his poison is devastating, leading to near instant paralysis followed by great pain and eventual death. Getting touched when fighting Sasori leads to death. Period. The Second Hokage on the other hand, was an extremely powerful ninja in his own right, a master water manipulator who could form crashing waves of water out of thin air, turning any location to his advantage. Also, he was skilled in Jikukan ninjutsu and Edo Tensei, as told by Minato and Kabuto respectively.