Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    meant to be reached, it often
    serves simply as something to
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [January 2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    You guys should be in a play. Every post in this thread basically is responded by Reborn or Michael with a metaphoric reply.
    Okay one more reply then

Well that's the thing... As long as no one is breaking any rules directly, everything is allowed in the underground it seems, lmao.
    That is also why I said he's a wildcard because I honestly have no idea anymore if he's joking or if he wants to kill me >_>

But as they say, any publicity is good publicity... I was however hoping to make it away with that one post this month and then slowly disappear into NB history. Guess it won't be that easy, huh...

Oh and thanks for the rep xD Somehow I feel like you just repped me because I said I would rep you if I could

As a matter of fact, that's the 2nd rep I get due to my discussion with Reborn. If I only truly cared for reputation these days, I suppose I would have had to thank him for dragging me into this, hah!

Last edited by Michael92; 01-14-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Status
    Jun 2014
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei View Post
    Okay one more reply then

Well that's the thing... As long as no one is breaking any rules directly, everything is allowed in the underground it seems, lmao.
    That is also why I said he's a wildcard because I honestly have no idea anymore if he's joking or if he wants to kill me >_>

But as they say, any publicity is good publicity... I was however hoping to make it away with that one post this month and then slowly disappear into NB history. Guess it won't be that easy, huh...

Oh and thanks for the rep xD Somehow I feel like you just repped me because I said I would rep you if I could

As a matter of fact, that's the 2nd rep I get due to my discussion with Reborn. If I only truly cared for reputation these days, I suppose I would have had to thank him for dragging me into this, hah!
    Why are done participating and why fade in NB history? You can still make history.

I rep you because you are funny. Not because of that

Reborn is giving you them points .-.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Why are done participating and why fade in NB history? You can still make history.

I rep you because you are funny. Not because of that

Reborn is giving you them points .-.
    Well it's a time and a place for everything. Like RokuNR and the rest before me, my time to fade away has come xD
    I mean, I already did retire from contesting back in 2014, but then I got inspired to prolong it one more year, and so I did.
    You have to remember that I started competing in these contests back in 2010. After 5 years, it's lost its touch (for me at least).

Also the more obvious point is that I'm also finished with my stories on here. I do have chapters I could still join with I suppose, but at this point doing it for fun isn't cutting it anymore. Time to let other people shine, don't you think? To be honest, a lot of past people complained in the past since I always joined these contests. That is also one of the reasons to why I initially retired until those people gave up writing on the Base. You could say that winning these contests were everything back then. I do know of readers that have completely lost their faith in their own work after not doing good in them. Some people are more "emotional/serious" about these contests than others, or so it has been in the past. Even I was crazy about them the first 10 or so times I joined, but after that it really just became a tradition more so than anything.

Also if you take a look around, you won't find many members from before 2012, at least not before 2010. It's a new generation on the rise for sure. I'm just a relic of the past

You think I'm funny? I usually hear that I'm just weird, not funny

Well to be honest I try to be funny to stick with the rules. It might make me seem dumb since the tone is not mutual, but if I can turn a discussion into something we can laugh about, then that is worth it all the way. These contests are supposed to be light-hearted anyways, they always have been as long as Lawliet's been in charge (even though it has had its share of "violence" up through the years I must say ), negativity has nothing to do here. So yeah, if I insist on going serious like that one time last year, things sure will go out of control. Then the rules would be broken >_x

Edit: I'll probably remain silent for the rest of the month, so I'll just pen this down just to get it out there...

The thing (that I suspect), is that I came up with an idea for something called a Marathon Table for the FF contest about 3 years ago as I approached Lawliet with the idea. She approved it and it was green lighted for a month or two here in the contest section. Some people including Reborn didn't like the idea because it felt like it glorified the winners of these contests too much and undermined the rest (and I do understand that point, I just never thought that someone would make such a big deal out of it. I didn't consider that other people could get upset). After all, these contests were meant to be fun since they often were decided on popularity rather than actual ability. That is where our disagreement began, and even though I made up with the other person who also disagreed, I never truly concluded things with Reborn, not the way it used to be before that anyhow. You could say I was a bit arrogant at the time so obviously I was supporting my own idea. At the end of the day it was taken down and Reborn's mostly been in RP since then from what I know. I probably shouldn't talk too much about this, but I feel like there's no reason to deny any of this.

That is why I said; "Good to have you back around the Base again (in the "only section" that matters) ;D" to him in my first post as a joke, being that he was once one of NB's most passionate writers on here.
    If things really were clear between us, a reply like;

"What do you know of it? For someone who hasn't stepped outside the FF section ever since his arrival, you sure seem to know which section matters the most "

Would be more suited. And my reply to that would probably have been;

"Lmao, I have to give you credit to that one as you speak the truth. I have yet to place foot outside this section for the past 5 years, so you strike a fair point I do know the RP section is one of the pillars that holds NB up these days, no mistake about it, but it is sure good to see you back in these parts of NB again knowing your past as a writer "

And that would have been the end of it. Now it seems more directed, and thus it turned into what we now have before us.

Then again, it might all be an act and I might be completely off here. But in that case, I'm not the only one who was fooled, haha. I have a tendency to think people are after me if they play the bad guy, as it wouldn't be the first time that would happen, as last year implied xD
    Anyways it's probably part of his act as seen through his first posts, but one got to ask... Why play the bad guy? If he's trying to be the villain of Ninja Gaiden 3, he should be even more sadistic I suppose, haha. Well enough rambling about. I think this sums up most of what I had on mind, hmm...

Last edited by Michael92; 01-14-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Edit.

Status
    Jun 2014
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

Omg so much text LOOOOL. I expected as much

Well you do have a point. You have been participating for so long the fun went away. So are you like done with "NB" or are you still going to be around?

Well people call me weird too soo yea. #TeamWerid

Status
    Aug 2010
    Do nothing and yet nothing is
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Far from it, I am aware of my own limits and Liu Bei was far too benevolent for even I It's more of a praise than anything, as he's not a character, but a real person that once lived =)
    You on the other hand is suited to be Dong Zhou the Tyrant, and Lu Bu didn't go lenient on him >_> But then again, I suppose your avatar suits you pretty well in that case, eh? ;D

You need to relax man and don't be so oversensitive! I come in peace

Let's not start a war here or I'll have to send Ryu Hayabusa after you @__o

Too bad I have to spread rep because that was priceless. Totally made my early morning 8)

You never know with Reborn though, he's such a wildcard. He used to be so benevolent and calm back in the days, humble even. But I am afraid that like with all of us, the harsh reality of life hit him eventually. Everything isn't a playground once you get older sadly.

I just don't know xD Either he's keeping up a good mask (no pun to his avatar intended) and character or he's bloody mad. Knowing our history, it could be one or the other. I always looked at him as Sasuke though but at this rate, I might be facing a Madara already. And in this universe, I'm Shino at best. No one listens to me

Edit: I'll leave it there before things escalate (but I'll probably get a reply back I suppose). I don't have the willpower nor time to stick around to fight a war with Reborn at this stage, lmao. For that, I am too old and time is slowly running away...
    Coming to a battle field in peace is...well suicidal or very naive. Not calling this a battle field, but you've been mentioning quite a bit of warlords and warriors to the point where I don't think you should be mentioning peace of anything...

And I am benevolent, honestly have you even tread outside this section? For those of you who don't Role Play Chronicles of the Ninja World revolve around the characters and the members of the RP in this section. The lovely individual who I call my mother is a creature wrapped in deceit and sadistic playfulness. Writing Base members are so lacking in the explicit darkness and understand civility that there's little need for you all to see what could really be considered...hostile. Again I'm far more mild than these beef patties my mother buys at Walmart right now...It's just Mike this guy _-_

Okay one more reply then

Think of me as being facetious.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Happiness Is Divinity

Awards Showcase

I voted for Spidey !

Status
    Apr 2013
    #Omega4Kage #HateonPriestHebad
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

Good luck to everyone. It seems I'll have to enter next month. ^^

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Coming to a battle field in peace is...well suicidal or very naive. Not calling this a battle field, but you've been mentioning quite a bit of warlords and warriors to the point where I don't think you should be mentioning peace of anything...

And I am benevolent, honestly have you even tread outside this section? For those of you who don't Role Play Chronicles of the Ninja World revolve around the characters and the members of the RP in this section. The lovely individual who I call my mother is a creature wrapped in deceit and sadistic playfulness. Writing Base members are so lacking in the explicit darkness and understand civility that there's little need for you all to see what could really be considered...hostile. Again I'm far more mild than these beef patties my mother buys at Walmart right now...It's just Mike this guy _-_

Think of me as being facetious.
    Well I guess you make a fair point... In order for there to be peace, there needs to be bloodshed, Madara... Some people are past the point of redeeming 8) So yeah fine, let me play along for a little while longer for entertainment purposes. If it's a battle you want, I'll give you one...

*Plans strategy – Goes to see strategist to unite the land*

"Benevolence means valuing the feelings of the people over efficiency or profit..."

You sir are not on that path. Your way Reborn Cao Cao, is to seize control of the land through brute force. My path is to lead the people to a land of benevolence. That is where we differ, and thus you will always be my nemesis...

Yes, yes I have... And the word around the forum is that "Reborn became an ass..." & "He's an ass, nothing more to say." I don't know how to interpret that, but it seems the "people" is tired of your brute ways and is seeking a more benevolent man, someone like Liu Bei...

I think you underestimate the perceptiveness of the people. NB's had its wars outside of the RP section too (John and Bianca for instance in a time where "everything was allowed.") The only difference is that being in character, and being an ass outside of that realm makes people lose sight of who the real you are. That is why it is important to look around you and listen to what others say on your path to conquest, because only with the people, with friends by your side, can you truly be complete and fit to lead.

Having once been a writer yourself, you do seem to undermine the capability of a writer's mind to go dark and even beyond that. In the case of John himself, his stories were so brutal that they involved the entire staff and a ton of bans. For someone who used to be a writer and for someone who now host this contest; the FanFic contest... You do seem indifferent towards hosting it xD One would almost think you found it tedious, instead of being enthusiastic about it like-... Like Horus in the Photo contest for instance. Now that man knows how to create a fuzz – The good way.

"Facetious" & "Hosting" aren't exactly two words that go hand in hand?
    Well at least one could argue that we got some well-needed action around these parts again with your "facetious" approach, which I suppose is a quality boost to this desert of a wasteland nonetheless.

PS: Since smiles have yet to exist in this age of war, my blade restricts me from using them like your blade has done the same to you.

PPS: I saw your PM, but like with everything time slipped away. Alas, that is the fate of the benevolent man. Will the conclusion to this tale bring on more injustice and agony? Only time will tell...

Omg so much text LOOOOL. I expected as much

Well you do have a point. You have been participating for so long the fun went away. So are you like done with "NB" or are you still going to be around?

Well people call me weird too soo yea. #TeamWerid
    Well they don't call me the new "Wall-Writer" for no reason Well... They don't call me that, but you get the point, lmao.

Well I'm here now ain't I?

It all depends on how things play out. I'm done with the FF contests, but who knows if I'll try my luck elsewhere. As for anything else beyond writing which I might be done with on the Base as well (for obvious reason – The lack of readers), I'm not sure what to do exactly. My 17 years old self of NB's past would have known the answer, but then again, everything used to be so lively back then... Maybe I'll make a jump to the RP section at long last just to put a certain someone in place

Good to know xO

Last edited by Michael92; 01-14-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added another quote >_<

Status
    Sep 2011
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid

Awards Showcase

just dropped by to see what's changed here. Happy New year. Bye.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ~Uzumaki~ View Post
    Well damn, I thought I was the anti-social guy here. Not gonna stay and enjoy the chaos?

Status
    Mar 2015
    Increase my Greatness, Comfort
    me on every side

Good luck everyone

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Seems like hiring Zhuge Liang as strategist won me this war... Rejoice in a new Land of Benevolence!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Uzumaki~ View Post
    Well damn, I thought I was the anti-social guy here. Not gonna stay and enjoy the chaos?
    Sadly it is the truth you speak
    Toc, Netsui, DoubleA, Gutsy, Cobra, Uzu, Germanicus... They all left us, Reborn

And soon... Only Chakra shall remain...

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

So Serena and CW are the only loved ones I have left? This is depressing...oh well.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

So Serena and CW are the only loved ones I have left? This is depressing...oh well.
    Well... You also got me

Status
    Aug 2011
    Having a kind heart doesn't
    make you weak. Those that
    abuse your kindness are the
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

I see how it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Well... You also got me
    I don't need to be Reborn to know what he's thinking by this comment. Surely, you were kidding right?

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Seffy View Post
    I see how it is...

I don't need to be Reborn to know what he's thinking by this comment. Surely, you were kidding right?
    Obviously It reeked of sarcasm, and that's without all the discussion that has been going in this thread between the two of us, lol.

I must say I do miss the older times however... When we all were joking around getting to know each other. You me, Reborn, Sam (-_-), Netsui and the rest... I wonder where time went...

Do you remember the Burn Notice Social Group??

http://narutobase.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1794

Good times 8)

Edit: Come to think of it, I made you in charge of it xD

171 replies O_____O Damn, we must have had a lot to talk about back then...

Last edited by Michael92; 01-15-2016 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Edit.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Seffy View Post
    I see how it is...

Don't even act like we don't even talk. I even told you about this month's contest and invited you to come and yell at Michael like the good old times. You know what I meant Shishou.

Well... You also got me
    You now damn well I don't love you. Everybody wanna act brand new like they don't know how I am...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawliet
    Meep
    I just so happen to notice that my Shishou didn't get the present I asked to be sent to her for Christmas. What other shmuck gave her a gift?! And how come nobody gave her mine!

Last edited by Reborn; 01-16-2016 at 02:29 AM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Don't even act like we don't even talk. I even told you about this month's contest and invited you to come and yell at Michael like the good old times. You know what I meant Shishou.

You now damn well I don't love you. Everybody wanna act brand new like they don't know how I am...

I just so happen to notice that my Shishou didn't get the present I asked to be sent to her for Christmas. What other shmuck gave her a gift?! And how come nobody gave her mine!

*Gives Reborn a hug and a pat on the shoulder*

Last edited by Michael92; 01-16-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

*Gives Reborn a hug and a pat on the shoulder*

Don't patronize me...

Status
    Pedro is the best person I
    know and I love him. He makes
    NB the bestest place in the
    whole wide world! My name is
    Sara and i approve this
    status!

Awards Showcase

Who and what? PM me