Aug 2011
    Having a kind heart doesn't
    make you weak. Those that
    abuse your kindness are the
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [January 2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Obviously It reeked of sarcasm, and that's without all the discussion that has been going in this thread between the two of us, lol.

I must say I do miss the older times however... When we all were joking around getting to know each other. You me, Reborn, Sam (-_-), Netsui and the rest... I wonder where time went...

Do you remember the Burn Notice Social Group??

http://narutobase.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1794

Good times 8)

Edit: Come to think of it, I made you in charge of it xD

171 replies O_____O Damn, we must have had a lot to talk about back then...
    Oh trust me, I know how fluent in sarcasm Reborn is. Anyways, it has been a long time and we always managed to talk about some stupid things. lol I don't have much time to really even sleep anymore. This semester of school is heavy with all my medical classes, my new job that I start working on the 26th is full time and in a doctor's office, plus still working part time at my current job on the weekends when I transition from full time to part time. So I really don't have time for the base anymore, or anything for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Don't even act like we don't even talk. I even told you about this month's contest and invited you to come and yell at Michael like the good old times. You know what I meant Shishou.

I just so happen to notice that my Shishou didn't get the present I asked to be sent to her for Christmas. What other shmuck gave her a gift?! And how come nobody gave her mine!
    Still...let me re-quote what you said to best support my argument. What are you talking about? The only Christmas gift you told me about was on Skype?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    So Serena and CW are the only loved ones I have left? This is depressing...oh well.
    See, no love u_u Honestly, I'm just messing with you. I know you love your shishou!

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    meant to be reached, it often
    serves simply as something to
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Seffy View Post
    Oh trust me, I know how fluent in sarcasm Reborn is. Anyways, it has been a long time and we always managed to talk about some stupid things. lol I don't have much time to really even sleep anymore. This semester of school is heavy with all my medical classes, my new job that I start working on the 26th is full time and in a doctor's office, plus still working part time at my current job on the weekends when I transition from full time to part time. So I really don't have time for the base anymore, or anything for that matter.

Still...let me re-quote what you said to best support my argument. What are you talking about? The only Christmas gift you told me about was on Skype?

See, no love u_u Honestly, I'm just messing with you. I know you love your shishou!
    Yeah I understand. For most of us, things were easier when we were younger and NB was an excuse to waste time with good intentions. Nowadays life is such a drag at times that it takes more energy to stay active than it is fun. Even I'm running out of things to do on here now so I guess it's only a matter of time before I join your club of "Come and gone" (You, Netsui, Ryan, Cobra, Aaron, Gutsy, and so on).

And about Reborn's remark, I am sure his love is still present. I'm pretty sure he meant of those loved ones he have left "(still active and) on NB," not in total. Knowing you though, I suppose you've already figured that one out =p

Status
    Aug 2010
    Merry Christmas

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Seffy View Post
    I see how it is...

I don't need to be Reborn to know what he's thinking by this comment. Surely, you were kidding right?
    O.O Seffy

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

Only 6 so far?

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy of Naruto View Post
    Only 6 so far?
    I suppose that is-... the Legacy of Naruto-...Base.
    >_>
    <_<

I did vote though! So we're at 7. Might be my last ever vote however but who knows...

Also for good measure, let's throw in the post count one last time as well. Maybe I'll go out on top of it one final time too xD

http://narutobase.net/forums/misc.ph...osted&t=693857

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

I suppose that is-... the Legacy of Naruto-...Base.
    >_>
    <_<

I did vote though! Might be my last ever vote however...
    Ha Ha! The posts are getting more active than December from what I see. Already 3 pages. Maybe we'll exceed in this new year.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Ha Ha! The posts are getting more active than December from what I see. Already 3 pages. Maybe we'll exceed in this new year.
    Well I guess you can thank Reborn for that

The record is...

178 pages and 3553 replies though. We're at 3 pages and 48 replies

Here:

http://narutobase.net/forums/misc.ph...osted&t=210354

Netsui had almost a 1000 posts that month xD

Serena/Sophie, Seffy, Chakra, Reborn and I also contributed to it that time, so there's still some old folks around here and not just "new-faces."

Also, the record for number of votes in one contest is 87 if my mind serves me correctly. Seffy won that time with 25 or so votes. 2nd and 3rd also had around 20 votes...

And in addition, the record number of votes for one entry belongs to the collaboration of Pervy and Zenryoku (Wasn't that the mod's name? He might still be around with a different name, hmm...) at 29 votes. That's over 4 times as many as the combined number this month...

Feeling depressed yet? No? Well... Hopefully the future generations can excel just as much.

Edit:

Might as well toss them in while I'm at it;

Contest with 2nd most votes (85 - I was in it, hurray! Barely placed though );

http://narutobase.net/forums/poll.ph...do=showresults

Contest with most votes (87 - Too bad we never reached the magical 100, nor even 90 for that matter. But we were close in the golden year of 2012!);

Contest with biggest winner (Pervy and Zen - 29. 2nd place - 8 xD);

Last edited by Michael92; 01-17-2016 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Edit.

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

Well I guess you can thank Reborn for that

The record is...

178 pages and 3553 replies though. We're at 3 pages and 48 replies

Here:

http://narutobase.net/forums/misc.ph...osted&t=210354

Netsui had almost a 1000 posts that month xD

Serena/Sophie, Seffy, Chakra, Reborn and I also contributed to it that time, so there's still some old folks around here and not just "new-faces."

Also, the record for number of votes in one contest is 87 if my mind serves me correctly. Seffy won that time with 25 or so votes. 2nd and 3rd also had around 20 votes...

And in addition, the record number of votes for one entry belongs to the collaboration of Pervy and Zenryoku (Wasn't that the mods name? He might still be around with a different one, hmm...) at 29 votes. That's over 4 times as many as the combined number this month...

Feeling depressed yet? No? Well... Hopefully the future generations can excel just as much.

Edit:

Might as well toss them in while I'm at it;

Contest with 2nd most votes (I was in it, hurray! );

Contest with most votes (87 - Too bad we never reached the magical 100, nor even 90 for that matter. But we were close in the golden year of 2012!);

Contest with biggest winner (Pervy and Zen - 29. 2nd place - 8 xD);

I just realized I didn't reply my bad I thought I did and didn't get a notification.

Holy crap that's a lot of stats. Even more than my own FF page. O _o

I hope we get more writers in the competition.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

I just realized I didn't reply my bad I thought I did and didn't get a notification.

Holy crap that's a lot of stats. Even more than my own FF page. O _o

I hope we get more writers in the competition.
    No problem =p

That's just the tip of the barrel, son

Say what now? xO Reborn's Fanfictions on the Base reached over 100 chapters. I'm about the same and Chakra's soon there as well.

In addition, Fahad made me do a word count for my entire Master Timeline Series on the Base, and it stretched out in the 600-800 000 words region. In comparison, the Lord of the Rings (including The Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers and Return of the King) is about 500 000 Words;

http://lotrproject.com/statistics/books/wordscount

To be said though, most of my stories were written in Dialogue Style, which extends word counting ten fold I imagine, haha.

Last edited by Michael92; 01-17-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

No problem =p

That's just the tip of the barrel, son

Say what now? xO Reborn's Fanfictions on the Base reached over 100 chapters. I'm about the same and Chakra's soon there as well.

In addition, Fahad made me do a word count for my entire Master Timeline Series on the Base, and it stretched out in the 600-800 000 words region. In comparison, the Lord of the Rings (including The Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers and Return of the King) is about 500 000 Words;

http://lotrproject.com/statistics/books/wordscount

Damn I feel like a noob

Also, I didn't get notified of this quote! Damnit NB!!!

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Damn I feel like a noob

Also, I didn't get notified of this quote! Damnit NB!!!
    If we keep replying to each other, NB will stop notifying you to avoid filling up your Quote notification bar I think. Either that or it's not working properly xD

Fahad on the other hand is certain his FanFic will reach 1 000 000 words though

Took me 5 years to complete my stories, so if he intend to beat it, he should spend at least 3 years in doing so.

Oh and another fact. Each of the 3 "books" of the Lord of the Rings (as you can see in the link provided in the previous post) is around 150 000 words. My Series Finale for my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series alone was 130 000 words long. Took me about 7 months and most of my time in the military to write xO

But enough about this and that. Let's look to the future, shall we?

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

If we keep replying to each other, NB will stop notifying you to avoid filling up your Quote notification bar I think. Either that or it's not working properly xD

Fahad on the other hand is certain his FanFic will reach 1 000 000 words though

Took me 5 years to complete my stories, so if he intend to beat it, he should spend at least 3 years in doing so.

Oh and another fact. Each of the 3 "books" of the Lord of the Rings (as you can see in the link provided in the previous post) is around 150 000 words. My Series Finale for my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series alone was 130 000 words long. Took me about 7 months and most of my time in the military to write xO

But enough about this and that. Let's look to the future, shall we?
    Yes. Let's!

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Yes. Let's!
    In that case, allow me to come with a prediction (that has nothing to do with the end result of this month's contest I assure you and for once )!

It has indeed been going downhill here in this section since 2012, but it has still had its ups and downs before and after that. If Mangabase ever becomes a reality and this forum expands, a new surge to the Writing section may happen. With the manga of Naruto over however, not a lot of writers (or readers/members) tend to bother visiting this section anymore. If Mangabase do happen, Fanfictions beyond just Naruto might draw enough people in to make it interesting again. Like the Writer's section reborn... That's just my prediction however, so don't count on it, hmm...

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

In that case, allow me to come with a prediction (that has nothing to do with the end result of this month's contest I assure you and for once )!

It has indeed been going downhill here in this section since 2012, but it has still had its ups and downs before and after that. If Mangabase ever becomes a reality and this forum expands, a new surge to the Writing section may happen. With the manga of Naruto over however, not a lot of writers (or readers/members) tend to bother visiting this section anymore. If Mangabase do happen, Fanfictions beyond just Naruto might draw enough people in to make it interesting again. Like the Writer's section reborn... That's just my prediction however, so don't count on it, hmm...
    Naruto has the most Fanfiction in the Anime section of the FF site so this makes sense.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Naruto has the most Fanfiction in the Anime section of the FF site so this makes sense.
    Indeed. Sadly though, it's the only thing that have a chance at getting attention these days. There's basically just 5 readers on whole of NB, lmao.

..Has Awakend His Mangekyō FaHaD 5212's Avatar

Status
    Jan 2013
    At the Kage Slaughter Fest (Hosted by Madara)
    "Thinking of peace whilst
    spilling blood is something
    only humans can do...They're
    two sides of the same
    coin...In order to protect
    something another must be
    sacrificed - Uchiha
    Madara"

Awards Showcase

Good luck to the contestants (Done with being relevant to the thread)

Michael, what are you on about? a million is an exaggeration, 500,000 is realistically guaranteed, I think I might reach 750 to 800K. But seeing how inactive the ff section here is getting, I may stop uploading on the base...time will tell, I'll try to keep up though.

One more thing, curse you Mike for making me develop the habit of writing unnecessarily long posts lol

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by FaHaD 5212 View Post
    Good luck to the contestants (Done with being relevant to the thread)

Michael, what are you on about? a million is an exaggeration, 500,000 is realistically guaranteed, I think I might reach 750 to 800K. But seeing how inactive the ff section here is getting, I may stop uploading on the base...time will tell, I'll try to keep up though.

One more thing, curse you Mike for making me develop the habit of writing unnecessarily long posts lol
    So you saw my link on FB I see

You said you were going to easily reach 1 Million xD

You were like;

And then you were like;

And the final part of your post is just;

On a serious note though, it's been a known fact for a long time I suppose. I just refused to look into it before 2014 I guess as stubborn as I was xD Now that I am done with my stories however, I can't really picture myself going elsewhere.

Also, there's a lot of huge stories out there now that I looked into things. Lord of the Rings just seem long, they really aren't... Wheel of Time is like 3 million words

Edit:

And what are you talking about, your post is uber small, lmao

Last edited by Michael92; 01-17-2016 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Edit.

..Has Awakend His Mangekyō FaHaD 5212's Avatar

Status
    Jan 2013
    At the Kage Slaughter Fest (Hosted by Madara)
    "Thinking of peace whilst
    spilling blood is something
    only humans can do...They're
    two sides of the same
    coin...In order to protect
    something another must be
    sacrificed - Uchiha
    Madara"

Awards Showcase

So you saw my link on FB I see

You said you were going to easily reach 1 Million xD

You were like;

And then you were like;

And the final part of your post is just;

On a serious note though, it's been a known fact for a long time I suppose. I just refused to look into it before 2014 I guess as stubborn as I was xD Now that I am done with my stories however, I can't really picture myself going elsewhere.

Also, there's a lot of huge stories out there now that I looked into things. Lord of the Rings just seem long, they really aren't... Wheel of Time is like 3 million words
    I see, well, you know what I'm doing right now so at 1:42 am, I say that I am going to get lost in my books again :3

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by FaHaD 5212 View Post
    I see, well, you know what I'm doing right now so at 1:42 am, I say that I am going to get lost in my books again :3
    Well that's nothing new See you next year, lol.

This was Reborn when he found out he was going to host this contest this month btw;

This was my reaction;

I'm only joking!!

My reaction was;

This month is going to be-...

On a different note, I might have to say this soon when the time is right;

The content of the surprise is still only known to a "selected" few, so in other words, it remains secret, lol.

Edit:

Guess that is it for me as well. Only one thing left to say;

Ciao for now!!

Last edited by Michael92; 01-17-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Edit.

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

I shall take this page!

Edit: aw...