"A goal is not always
    meant to be reached, it often
    serves simply as something to
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [January 2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy of Naruto View Post
    Oh wait I did get the page!
    You did? No that can't be true, something must have gone wrong, something must have... No, it can't be... No...

Status
    Aug 2010
    Do nothing and yet nothing is
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Lawliet still have yall do predictions for the placements?

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    She's got halfways. Why, was that a thing before?

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

A while back people made predictions before and after the halfway results I believe, which is why I asked. It taints the competitive pool with insecurities, hubris, deep desires, etc. So I'm not entirely sure if I should recommend people to make their predictions about who they think is going to win. The unfair advantage I have as the host is that I see the results as the votes are made. I'm still ethics bound to not persuade people to vote one way or the other in spite of that, especially since my pieces are also participating in the contest.

One way or the other if people don't make predictions, halfway results would be the end of this week. I'm noticing that there aren't that many voters anymore, seems sort of stale in comparison to many of the other contests. Possibly because people would be required to read things as opposed to looking at stuff when it comes to other contests that require votes.

Last edited by Reborn; 01-19-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Not in ages... Besides, I was always the only one to make them, lmao. Well, mostly anyways, haha.

And to be honest, Sara doesn't have us do anything/much lately. It's like encountering and catching Mew to see her comment on here these days =P

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra Wizard View Post
    She's got halfways. Why, was that a thing before?
    Not that in ages neither. Have you been paying attention to these contests lately?
    And lmao, don't tell me you've forgotten about my crazy predictions where I always predicted myself 2nd to dead last?

Edit:

A while back people made predictions before and after the halfway results I believe, which is why I asked. It taints the competitive pool with insecurities, hubris, deep desires, etc. So I'm not entirely sure if I should recommend people to make their predictions about who they think is going to win. The unfair advantage I have as the host is that I see the results as the votes are made. I'm still ethics bound to not persuade people to vote one way or the other in spite of that, especially since my pieces are also participating in the contest.

One way or the other if people don't make predictions, halfway results would be the end of this week.

I'm noticing that there aren't that many voters anymore, seems sort of stale in comparison to many of the other contests. Possibly because people would be required to read things as opposed to looking at stuff when it comes to other contests that require votes.
    As for this I have to agree. The fun thing about predicting and seeing halfways in the past was the sole fact that people and voters were active. Now it's just to join and wait until the poll closes, instead of the fun ride in between itself that got/gets people joining.

2015 as a whole was like that, but I don't think we've ever been below 20 votes in a contest before despite the fact that we rarely saw above 30 at the same time for the entirety of last year. With less than 10 votes this month, the year is off to a slow start.

Even Christmas times which is when people on NB tend to get active again failed to live up to the hype around these parts. Like I predicted in one of my previous posts, it's probably going to keep inclining until something exciting like a revamp or MangaBase/forum extension happens.

Who knows though, I've been know to be off with my predictions in the past, so let's hope I'm wrong once more

Last edited by Michael92; 01-19-2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Edit.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Merry Christmas

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ~Uzumaki~ View Post
    just dropped by to see what's changed here. Happy New year. Bye.
    hi uzu

Quote Originally Posted by FaHaD 5212 View Post
    Good luck to the contestants (Done with being relevant to the thread)

Michael, what are you on about? a million is an exaggeration, 500,000 is realistically guaranteed, I think I might reach 750 to 800K. But seeing how inactive the ff section here is getting, I may stop uploading on the base...time will tell, I'll try to keep up though.

One more thing, curse you Mike for making me develop the habit of writing unnecessarily long posts lol
    dont go Fad it fun here we have cookies hehe

it is fun to guess

With Great Power The Amazing Spider Man's Avatar

Status
    May 2014
    Comes Great Responsibility

Awards Showcase

About to make a thread on top 5 or so movies. Would you guys be intrested in seeing?

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider Man View Post
    About to make a thread on top 5 or so movies. Would you guys be intrested in seeing?

With Great Power The Amazing Spider Man's Avatar

Status
    May 2014
    Comes Great Responsibility

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Lmfao I'll take that as a yes

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

I'll be heading back to my apartment for school tomorrow and my internet there is crap so I'll be giving halfway results at midnight tonight which is about 11 hours from now. I'll hopefully be able to get through at least two entries myself. I'll keep my vote until the end in the event there needs to be a tie breaker between two placing members.

Edit:

Kudos to Legacy of Naruto for breaking the "never aging Ash" barrier in his Pokemon FF. I just finished reading it and I need to ask why did you make May such a *****? and why Max gotta suffer to?

Hope you have something to reconcile about that later.

You mix your tenses quite a bit and the writing style is rather basic. I skimmed a lot of it at one point in the first chapter as I became only interested in the Pokemon experience. Story wise it's alright. Don't feel you're doing proper justice to some of the characters like May and Brock a little. I'm more so interested if Ash becomes legendary level with his pokemon like the one guy in the Sinnoh league with with Lugia and Darkrai. I mean the anime has been out about as long as I've been alive and this kid always goes back to fodder level at the start of a new journey. Pikachu should be jacked by now...anyway I digress.

Sineless, I'm two thirds done with your entry. Your first entry was barely readable because of you grammar and spelling mistakes. Kinda discouraged me from reading further. Your rant on my profile even further discouraged me dealing with me but I job so I can't really help that.

Your second chapter was considerably better. Your vocabulary was...rather wide likely because you were overly descriptive which led into a bit of redundancy.

Also I don't know if you meant to make your protagonist Ivan as tall as you said, but umm 6 cubic meters is kinda big, that's some Attack on Titan level height my man...Story seems alright. Usually fantasy isn't my cup of tea, takes me a bit to get into it but as objectively as I can the story does seem enjoyable for those who are keen on the genre. Just need to work on your writing style.

Last edited by Reborn; 01-21-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

I'll be heading back to my apartment for school tomorrow and my internet there is crap so I'll be giving halfway results at midnight tonight which is about 11 hours from now. I'll hopefully be able to get through at least two entries myself. I'll keep my vote until the end in the event there needs to be a tie breaker between two placing members.

Edit:

Kudos to Legacy of Naruto for breaking the "never aging Ash" barrier in his Pokemon FF. I just finished reading it and I need to ask why did you make May such a *****? and why Max gotta suffer to?

Hope you have something to reconcile about that later.

You mix your tenses quite a bit and the writing style is rather basic. I skimmed a lot of it at one point in the first chapter as I became only interested in the Pokemon experience. Story wise it's alright. Don't feel you're doing proper justice to some of the characters like May and Brock a little. I'm more so interested if Ash becomes legendary level with his pokemon like the one guy in the Sinnoh league with with Lugia and Darkrai. I mean the anime has been out about as long as I've been alive and this kid always goes back to fodder level at the start of a new journey. Pikachu should be jacked by now...anyway I digress.

Sineless, I'm two thirds done with your entry. Your first entry was barely readable because of you grammar and spelling mistakes. Kinda discouraged me from reading further. Your rant on my profile even further discouraged me dealing with me but I job so I can't really help that.

Your second chapter was considerably better. Your vocabulary was...rather wide likely because you were overly descriptive which led into a bit of redundancy.

Also I don't know if you meant to make your protagonist Ivan as tall as you said, but umm 6 cubic meters is kinda big, that's some Attack on Titan level height my man...Story seems alright. Usually fantasy isn't my cup of tea, takes me a bit to get into it but as objectively as I can the story does seem enjoyable for those who are keen on the genre. Just need to work on your writing style.
    Darkrai & Latios *

The trainer's name was Tobias...

Now don't ask me how I know this because I stopped watching after Battle Frontier ended. I did see that one battle though some years ago I believe.

Good to see someone doing some decent reviewing around here like in the old days. Keep it up.

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

Darkrai & Latios *

Now don't ask me how I know this because I stopped watching after Battle Frontier ended. I did see that one battle though some years ago I believe.

Good to see someone doing some decent reviewing around here like in the old days. Keep it up.
    I started watching Pokemon fully when Battle Frontier came up. Also fits that I have Pokemon Emerald as well lol

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Darkrai & Latios *

Yeah those two, been some years since that season.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Yeah those two, been some years since that season.
    SO now that you are around for this month Reborn...
    May I ask you what the plans for the future are?
    I'm still waiting for you to reply to that VM with the most obvious question of all this month, lol. Is this a one time thing or are you taking over? I suppose it's been a while since a host was as active as you've been this month (at least in this contest), which is always a welcomed change despite the somewhat "drought" we are facing here.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

SO now that you are around for this month Reborn...
    May I ask you what the plans for the future are?
    I'm still waiting for you to reply to that VM with the most obvious question of all this month, lol. Is this a one time thing or are you taking over? I suppose it's been a while since a host was as active as you've been this month (at least in this contest), which is always a welcomed change despite the somewhat "drought" we are facing here.
    *shrugs* iono

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

Crap. This is lookin' to be another low vote count month

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

*shrugs* iono
    K.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra Wizard View Post
    Crap. This is lookin' to be another low vote count month
    Yep.
    I think I won a month with 5 or so votes once, but at least we were in the 20s...
    Might be some sort of low votes record winner(s) this month.

Makes me wonder if it's even possible for a split decision for 3rd place with 0 votes this time. Don't suppose that's ever happened before...

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

We still have another 9 days or so, hopefully we can get at least 20. I haven't cast my vote so at least we'll get 12 if nobody else votes god forbid. Anyway...

Halfway Results
    Total Votes: 11
    Leaders
    • The Amazing Spiderman
    • Legacy of Naruto
    • The sexy one with the blue Reborn

I'd like to say (don't really care actually) everybody has at least one vote, but the struggle is real.