Aug 2011
    Having a kind heart doesn't
    make you weak. Those that
    abuse your kindness are the
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [January 2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Seffy View Post
    Oh trust me, I know how fluent in sarcasm Reborn is. Anyways, it has been a long time and we always managed to talk about some stupid things. lol I don't have much time to really even sleep anymore. This semester of school is heavy with all my medical classes, my new job that I start working on the 26th is full time and in a doctor's office, plus still working part time at my current job on the weekends when I transition from full time to part time. So I really don't have time for the base anymore, or anything for that matter.

Still...let me re-quote what you said to best support my argument. What are you talking about? The only Christmas gift you told me about was on Skype?

See, no love u_u Honestly, I'm just messing with you. I know you love your shishou!
    Well Damn Reborn, completely ignore me why don't you. Maybe I gave you too much credit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Yeah I understand. For most of us, things were easier when we were younger and NB was an excuse to waste time with good intentions. Nowadays life is such a drag at times that it takes more energy to stay active than it is fun. Even I'm running out of things to do on here now so I guess it's only a matter of time before I join your club of "Come and gone" (You, Netsui, Ryan, Cobra, Aaron, Gutsy, and so on).

And about Reborn's remark, I am sure his love is still present. I'm pretty sure he meant of those loved ones he have left "(still active and) on NB," not in total. Knowing you though, I suppose you've already figured that one out =p
    Pft, you give him too much credit as well. However, it would be nice to go back to the good old days, if nothing else, could do things differently...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Ezra View Post
    O.O Seffy
    hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    We still have another 9 days or so, hopefully we can get at least 20. I haven't cast my vote so at least we'll get 12 if nobody else votes god forbid. Anyway...

Halfway Results
    Total Votes: 11
    Leaders
    • The Amazing Spiderman
    • Legacy of Naruto
    • The sexy one with the blue Reborn

I'd like to say (don't really care actually) everybody has at least one vote, but the struggle is real.
    well aren't you still so full of yourself...

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    meant to be reached, it often
    serves simply as something to
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

We still have another 9 days or so, hopefully we can get at least 20. I haven't cast my vote so at least we'll get 12 if nobody else votes god forbid. Anyway...

Halfway Results
    Total Votes: 11
    Leaders
    • The Amazing Spiderman
    • Legacy of Naruto
    • The sexy one with the blue Reborn

I'd like to say (don't really care actually) everybody has at least one vote, but the struggle is real.

Goes to Reborn for 0 benevolence and for being a bad-boy

Well Damn Reborn, completely ignore me why don't you. Maybe I gave you too much credit...

Pft, you give him too much credit as well. However, it would be nice to go back to the good old days, if nothing else, could do things differently...

Congrats You tell him girl woman Fiona

On a bright side of things, at least one vote per member... Not too often we see that either.

Last edited by Michael92; 01-22-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Merry Christmas

Awards Showcase

hi

how are you

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Ezra View Post
    how are you
    Obviously pissed at Reborn

Status
    Aug 2010
    Do nothing and yet nothing is
    left undone

Awards Showcase

hi

Shishou please, I talk to you elsewhere so much I forget where I have and haven't responded to you. Pretty sure I quoted you somewhere here or mentioned your post on skype or something. I'd say I'm half of myself, I did cross it out after all.

Goes to Reborn for 0 benevolence and for being a bad-boy

Congrats You tell him girl woman Fiona

On a bright side of things, at least one vote per member... Not too often we see that either.
    Pretty sure Shishou isn't gaping to have your head as far up her's as you have it now.

And you seem to have misunderstood my post. Not everybody has a vote. Won't tell you who does or doesn't of course but I'll give you a hint; it's not one of the three names I mentioned as the leaders. This may seem obvious but I've recently learned never to assume common sense.

That's a regular occurrence

Last edited by Reborn; 01-22-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Shishou please, I talk to you elsewhere so much I forget where I have and haven't responded to you. Pretty sure I quoted you somewhere here or mentioned your post on skype or something. I'd say I'm half of myself, I did cross it out after all.

Pretty sure Shishou isn't gaping to have your head as far up her's as you have it now.

And you seem to have misunderstood my post. Not everybody has a vote. Won't tell you who does or doesn't of course but I'll give you a hint; it's not one of the three names I mentioned as the leaders. This may seem obvious but I've recently learned never to assume common sense.

That's a regular occurrence
    Well only teamwork and benevolence can bring down the tyrant xd Also, better to be on her side than against it going by experience. You of all people should know that, haha.

Yeah seems like it O_x

Glad to hear you know common sense ;)

Speaking of which... I am inclined to ask why... Or maybe even how... How does one go from teen Obito to adult Obito on NB of all places? Had I know RP was that hard on one's person, I would have joined it years ago

Actually... Let's just forget all this. Life is sometimes tough and all you can do is separate real life and everything else.
    At our age and time, it's pointless to say one or the other without understanding the cause for it.
    My only advice can be to try not to push people away, because it may very well be those people you end up needing the most.

I'm not much of a lecturer and not much of a spokesman either, but even I can tell something's been up for these past years.
    I'll just think back to that one particular moment when Gaara invited Naruto over to a cup of tea (or maybe it was Shogi. Either way, the war had ended) and let that be the embodiment of who you really are, Reborn (yes, I have not forgotten about that scene you wrote. Also, I have not forgotten that during that time, you and I were friends). Calm and collected. Humble and embracing... Take whatever you like from that.

As cryptic as all this may seem, it should all make sense, for all of us, if we stop for a moment to think. And no, I am not patronizing you nor am I being sarcastic. I just believe that maybe these words needed to be said... Maybe not. In the end though, it will only matter to the ones who find value in them. Sometimes, only you yourself, hold the answer.

Why am I even saying all of this? Maybe I needed to hear these words myself...

The question is, who are you Reborn? Only you yourself know the answer to that.

All I do know is, these words should have been spoken sooner.

Last edited by Michael92; 01-22-2016 at 10:56 PM. Reason: New message...

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Well only teamwork and benevolence can bring down the tyrant xd Also, better to be on her side than against it going by experience. You of all people should know that, haha.

Yeah seems like it O_x

Glad to hear you know common sense ;)

Speaking of which... I am inclined to ask why... Or maybe even how... How does one go from teen Obito to adult Obito on NB of all places? Had I know RP was that hard on one's person, I would have joined it years ago

Actually... Let's just forget all this. Life is sometimes tough and all you can do is separate real life and everything else.
    At our age and time, it's pointless to say one or the other without understanding the cause for it.
    My only advice can be to try not to push people away, because it may very well be those people you end up needing the most.

I'm not much of a lecturer and not much of a spokesman either, but even I can tell something's been up for these past years.
    I'll just think back to that one particular moment when Gaara invited Naruto over to a cup of tea (or maybe it was Shogi. Either way, the war had ended) and let that be the embodiment of who you really are, Reborn (yes, I have not forgotten about that scene you wrote. Also, I have not forgotten that during that time, you and I were friends). Calm and collected. Humble and embracing... Take whatever you like from that.

As cryptic as all this may seem, it should all make sense, for all of us, if we stop for a moment to think. And no, I am not patronizing you nor am I being sarcastic. I just believe that maybe these words needed to be said... Maybe not. In the end though, it will only matter to the ones who find value in them. Sometimes, only you yourself, hold the answer.

Why am I even saying all of this? Maybe I needed to hear these words myself...

The question is, who are you Reborn? Only you yourself know the answer to that.

All I do know is, these words should have been spoken sooner.
    Nope, still doesn't make sense after thinking about it.

I can answer the who am I question; a mod on NB that embraced cynicism and crude humor from the conditions of dealing with the member base on this forum. Though I inevitably remain to be the relatively outgoing person otherwise there would be a higher level of discontent in many areas if I were to actually be as callous as people would now see me as. The only thing that's really different is the external. In other words; possibly tsundere.

Now stop talking in riddles.

Why doesn't anybody talk about the submissions anymore? Nobody talks about who's fiction they like or don't like anymore. Reason I haven't said anything much is because I've only read two and a half submissions or something like that and I spoke on those already. Some people don't even have feedback on their threads; if people are actually voting in this contest and reading they should be commenting on what they're reading.

Though NB has never been a society with much of an attention span. Even myself, ADHD is a *****.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Merry Christmas

Awards Showcase

I saw that mic....

Status
    veni, vidi, vici

it takes a lot of time and energy to read these

next month m8s

i promise

just wanted to stop by and say impressive dedication and length, gj with that

Status
    Mar 2012
    I start my job with Accenture
    today! So nervous!!!

Awards Showcase

I can answer the who am I question; a mod on NB that embraced cynicism and crude humor from the conditions of dealing with the member base on this forum. Though I inevitably remain to be the relatively outgoing person otherwise there would be a higher level of discontent in many areas if I were to actually be as callous as people would now see me as. The only thing that's really different is the external. In other words; possibly tsundere.

Why doesn't anybody talk about the submissions anymore? Nobody talks about who's fiction they like or don't like anymore. Reason I haven't said anything much is because I've only read two and a half submissions or something like that and I spoke on those already. Some people don't even have feedback on their threads; if people are actually voting in this contest and reading they should be commenting on what they're reading.

Though NB has never been a society with much of an attention span. Even myself, ADHD is a *****.
    We should be so fortunate.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Stop living in denial... Acting tough is one thing, but we all know you just need a long embrace.
    After all, you were the one who crossed the line between real life and NB, so we just have to adapt to that.
    If you didn't get the cryptic message, you're still acting or you need to think harder.

And you are almost on point with the second phrase, but rather than "that embraced cynicism and crude humor from the conditions of dealing with the member base on this forum," in your case, it is; "that embraced cynicism and crude humor from the conditions of dealing with tough choices in real life." It is understandable though. Acting tough is sometimes the only way to deal with the pain. We all go down that road eventually, but it is how we choose to deal with it socially that matters (in this case – The case of NB). Acting tough easily throws people away. Sure it ensures that you don't get close to someone, but at the same time, it brings a lot of unnecessary heat. You are the only Mod I know who choose to embrace real life on NB and let it rule your path. The old Reborn can testify to that. The funny part is that this all ain't just coming from me, it's what people say around the forum. You decide for yourself whether that's a good thing or not.

And I'm not talking in riddles, it's rather you who are. You see, you can't claim to be a modest man when most people around describe you as an ass xP And that's nothing to laugh over. Sure some people like to be gritty, but I just don't fully understand why you choose to be that way when things were so much different in the past.

So yeah, you are walking down the path of either Obito or Sasuke. The only question is, can you be redeemed in the end? Can someone bring you back to the light? Quite frankly, I'm neither the person to attempt that nor the person to care. Just thought I would toss it out there for enlightenment. Like I said, take what you like from it. Sometimes it takes a while for something to sink in.

In addition, I have no idea what you've been through, not all the details anyhow, but I do know it has toughen you up to the extreme. The only comparison I can make these days are with the member John Constantine. Even he used to be modest and open once before he... Well, let's just say we all know how that ended xP

"if I were to actually be as callous as people would now see me as."

There's a reason for that you know... That people would see you as callous. You do seem to have some sort of insight, so you wouldn't make that assumption otherwise if it wasn't more than just an assumption. If it wasn't some sort of truth to it. It's not always about not breaking the rules, sometimes it's all about what people think of you. Being all high on a horse isn't always the best option, especially if you used to be so modest in the past. We're not in the wild west anymore. It doesn't have to be every man for himself. I dunno about you Reborn... But the air needed to be cleaned at least. I think I'll leave it at that. Don't have much more to say about it I reckon...

Now let me answer the obvious... It's NB, not FF.youknowwhat

And we're not in 2012 anymore or before that...

And the manga ended...

People has been saying it for years now, it's mostly all dead. It's all rather a tradition now to join the contests than to have fun and discuss about the actual entries. Most of those people aren't here anymore and most of those people uses other platforms like the Writer's Group chat on Facebook to have those discussions. Most people don't find interest in talking about other people's work nowadays really, and that is the sad part. People don't have a habit to review stuff on here and give reasoning to their votes anymore. I've tried to keep that up from time to time, but now it's basically all a bother. It doesn't make much of a difference. The sooner I realized that, the less disappointing it got, contesting-wise at least. To make a comparison, it's become as stale as the Melody Grand Prix. Nothing extraordinary about it. It's like people have been stating for a while... It's often a popularity contest, but also, it often boils down to the very same members voting over and over again. Like in the MGP, where Neighboring Countries votes high for each other regardless of quality, the "known" members that do vote tend to stick with the stories they know rather than to really sit down and give it a serious thought.

Even I fell to that trend when I voted for Chakra on a numerous of occasions because I know of the quality his stories have and the qualities he has as a writer, and that's without ever having followed any of the stories he has written. It often boils down to time and interest... And often, just a quick peek is enough to make up people's minds, without actually reading more than a couple of lines from each entry. But then again, I suppose it's always been about that, even before any of us where around this section. I opposed that thought for many years, but now... Well, it's basically a common fact.

So yeah, it's been said many times before... It really is a wasteland out here. And it all boils down to chance and sometimes timing.

*Long post is damn long, sorry about that.*

Last edited by Michael92; 01-23-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Mike, speaking as a mod now keep off the unnecessary personal topics. Keep the FF contest about the contest and appropriate conversation filler. Regardless of your intentions, what you may think you know about something or somebody, one way or the other this isn't for the contest. Don't exacerbate unnecessary things here.

Now, like I said to you before, if you have a problem with my conduct the only thing you need is to ask me to stop. I don't want to hear anything else about this

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Mike, speaking as a mod now keep off the unnecessary personal topics. Keep the FF contest about the contest and appropriate conversation filler. Regardless of your intentions, what you may think you know about something or somebody, one way or the other this isn't for the contest. Don't exacerbate unnecessary things here.

Now, like I said to you before, if you have a problem with my conduct the only thing you need is to ask me to stop. I don't want to hear anything else about this
    I suppose I'll agree to that...

Now about my second part of my long-ass post? Did it sound reasonable or did it sound far-fetched? I mean, I don't think things are going to change around these contests unless we get a new batch of readers or writers, which in turn, I don't suppose will happen at this point unless my prediction from earlier comes true. Don't want to sound negative, but when even I don't have my stubborn hopes up anymore, I'm not sure anyone else will either. People simply don't have time nor will to make decent lengthy posts with reviews and such on here anymore. Those that do, usually keeps them limited to the actual threads/chapters they are related to.

And like it or not, not many will consider replying to your reasonable questions either, not with an answer to keep the discussion worthwhile anyhow. Think Chakra's reply was testimonial to that So yeah, it's usually a waste of time to question why things have died down around here, especially if there's no one to discuss it with, hmm...

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

I suppose I'll agree to that...

Now about my second part of my long-ass post? Did it sound reasonable or did it sound far-fetched? I mean, I don't think things are going to change around these contests unless we get a new batch of readers or writers, which in turn, I don't suppose will happen at this point unless my prediction from earlier comes true. Don't want to sound negative, but when even I don't have my stubborn hopes up anymore, I'm not sure anyone else will either. People simply don't have time nor will to make decent lengthy posts with reviews and such on here anymore. Those that do, usually keeps them limited to the actual threads/chapters they are related to.

And like it or not, not many will consider replying to your reasonable questions either, not with an answer to keep the discussion worthwhile anyhow. Think Chakra's reply was testimonial to that So yeah, it's usually a waste of time to question why things have died down around here, especially if there's no one to discuss it with, hmm...
    Didn't read the rest of it. Just got out of the shower and was answering a text message then I saw you posted in my started threads and was like "I'll give it a quickie..." then I saw the post and every fiber said hell no. The time it'd have taken me to read the rest of your message on my phone I'd have air dried. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to walls, they're only good when I or bossu do them. I hate them otherwise...

I'll probably read it before I leave if I have time.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Didn't read the rest of it. Just got out of the shower and was answering a text message then I saw you posted in my started threads and was like "I'll give it a quickie..." By the time it'd have taken me to read the rest of your message on my phone I'd have air dried. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to walls, they're only good when I or bossu do them. I hate them otherwise...

I'll probably read it before I leave if I have time.
    Cool.

And walls are my specialty Learned to do them from Caliburn and RokuNR, the ancient Wall Masters, haha.

Speaking of which, that reminds me of these ones from Ocarina of Time;

Last edited by Michael92; 01-23-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Status
    veni, vidi, vici

w....what just happened in this thread

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post
    w....what just happened in this thread
    I think there was a fire...

Last edited by Michael92; 01-23-2016 at 08:57 PM.

With Great Power The Amazing Spider Man's Avatar

Status
    May 2014
    Comes Great Responsibility

Awards Showcase

Stop living in denial... Acting tough is one thing, but we all know you just need a long embrace.
    After all, you were the one who crossed the line between real life and NB, so we just have to adapt to that.
    If you didn't get the cryptic message, you're still acting or you need to think harder.

And you are almost on point with the second phrase, but rather than "that embraced cynicism and crude humor from the conditions of dealing with the member base on this forum," in your case, it is; "that embraced cynicism and crude humor from the conditions of dealing with tough choices in real life." It is understandable though. Acting tough is sometimes the only way to deal with the pain. We all go down that road eventually, but it is how we choose to deal with it socially that matters (in this case – The case of NB). Acting tough easily throws people away. Sure it ensures that you don't get close to someone, but at the same time, it brings a lot of unnecessary heat. You are the only Mod I know who choose to embrace real life on NB and let it rule your path. The old Reborn can testify to that. The funny part is that this all ain't just coming from me, it's what people say around the forum. You decide for yourself whether that's a good thing or not.

And I'm not talking in riddles, it's rather you who are. You see, you can't claim to be a modest man when most people around describe you as an ass xP And that's nothing to laugh over. Sure some people like to be gritty, but I just don't fully understand why you choose to be that way when things were so much different in the past.

So yeah, you are walking down the path of either Obito or Sasuke. The only question is, can you be redeemed in the end? Can someone bring you back to the light? Quite frankly, I'm neither the person to attempt that nor the person to care. Just thought I would toss it out there for enlightenment. Like I said, take what you like from it. Sometimes it takes a while for something to sink in.

In addition, I have no idea what you've been through, not all the details anyhow, but I do know it has toughen you up to the extreme. The only comparison I can make these days are with the member John Constantine. Even he used to be modest and open once before he... Well, let's just say we all know how that ended xP

"if I were to actually be as callous as people would now see me as."

There's a reason for that you know... That people would see you as callous. You do seem to have some sort of insight, so you wouldn't make that assumption otherwise if it wasn't more than just an assumption. If it wasn't some sort of truth to it. It's not always about not breaking the rules, sometimes it's all about what people think of you. Being all high on a horse isn't always the best option, especially if you used to be so modest in the past. We're not in the wild west anymore. It doesn't have to be every man for himself. I dunno about you Reborn... But the air needed to be cleaned at least. I think I'll leave it at that. Don't have much more to say about it I reckon...

Now let me answer the obvious... It's NB, not FF.youknowwhat

And we're not in 2012 anymore or before that...

And the manga ended...

People has been saying it for years now, it's mostly all dead. It's all rather a tradition now to join the contests than to have fun and discuss about the actual entries. Most of those people aren't here anymore and most of those people uses other platforms like the Writer's Group chat on Facebook to have those discussions. Most people don't find interest in talking about other people's work nowadays really, and that is the sad part. People don't have a habit to review stuff on here and give reasoning to their votes anymore. I've tried to keep that up from time to time, but now it's basically all a bother. It doesn't make much of a difference. The sooner I realized that, the less disappointing it got, contesting-wise at least. To make a comparison, it's become as stale as the Melody Grand Prix. Nothing extraordinary about it. It's like people have been stating for a while... It's often a popularity contest, but also, it often boils down to the very same members voting over and over again. Like in the MGP, where Neighboring Countries votes high for each other regardless of quality, the "known" members that do vote tend to stick with the stories they know rather than to really sit down and give it a serious thought.

Even I fell to that trend when I voted for Chakra on a numerous of occasions because I know of the quality his stories have and the qualities he has as a writer, and that's without ever having followed any of the stories he has written. It often boils down to time and interest... And often, just a quick peek is enough to make up people's minds, without actually reading more than a couple of lines from each entry. But then again, I suppose it's always been about that, even before any of us where around this section. I opposed that thought for many years, but now... Well, it's basically a common fact.

So yeah, it's been said many times before... It really is a wasteland out here. And it all boils down to chance and sometimes timing.

*Long post is damn long, sorry about that.*
    Ayyyy

Status
    Jul 2015
    Just some Forum guy that
    writes Fanfiction.

Awards Showcase

page.