Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»

Status
    Aug 2010
    Do nothing and yet nothing is
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [July 2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Omegā View Post
    Read the reviews and whoa....Reborn does not play. I'm hella scared tbvh. You're doing a great job though, and you give good constructive criticism that can make our writing better, so I hope people have tough skin and continue to enter. You definitely aren't short changing on the reviews, so good job. I just hope this doesn't burn you out.

P.S I feel like you're the only person capable of giving reviews like these. Lol xD
    Wtf? What do you mean "not play" and "tough skin" these are the nicest reviews I've ever given. You are an RPer, I'm surprised you think this is tough coming from me...

Naruto Tetsuden Review

And in regard to The Amazing Spider Man who is currently banned.

I will come out and say that I very much appreciate the craftsmanship of a female behind as much as any other guy but inappropriate is inappropriate. I considered allowing him to stay in the contest since it is the day of revelation, however, given the nature of the ban I'm disqualifying him.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Having a kind heart doesn't
    make you weak. Those that
    abuse your kindness are the
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

Read the reviews and whoa....Reborn does not play. I'm hella scared tbvh. You're doing a great job though, and you give good constructive criticism that can make our writing better, so I hope people have tough skin and continue to enter. You definitely aren't short changing on the reviews, so good job. I just hope this doesn't burn you out.

P.S I feel like you're the only person capable of giving reviews like these. Lol xD
    I taught him well. His reviews aren't bad in comparison to my own. Think he needs to be more strict with the reviews. Reborn let's too much slide.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Seffy View Post
    I taught him well. His reviews aren't bad in comparison to my own. Think he needs to be more strict with the reviews. Reborn let's too much slide.
    Ehh? Are you sure about that now Shishou? You haven't reviewed a Fanfiction in some time now. Who's to say you're not rusty? Why don't you judge next month's contest to reacquaint yourself with NB fanfictions.

Status
    Apr 2013
    #Omega4Kage #HateonPriestHebad
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Wtf? What do you mean "not play" and "tough skin" these are the nicest reviews I've ever given. You are an RPer, I'm surprised you think this is tough coming from me...

Naruto Tetsuden Review

And in regard to The Amazing Spider Man who is currently banned.

I will come out and say that I very much appreciate the craftsmanship of a female behind as much as any other guy but inappropriate is inappropriate. I considered allowing him to stay in the contest since it is the day of revelation, however, given the nature of the ban I'm disqualifying him.
    lmfaoo yea I know how tough you can be, but that's in the RP so I'm used to that, but it's weird seeing that in the writing section. Idk how some might react to your everyday self. Lol, I know how savage you can be, so to anyone reading this....praise the Lordt when you read your review cuz it could be worse. Fortunately, you have never had to rule/judge anything for me in the RP section outside bio approval. My heart wouldn't be able to take it. ;_;

P.S dang spidey....

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

Ehh? Are you sure about that now Shishou? You haven't reviewed a Fanfiction in some time now. Who's to say you're not rusty? Why don't you judge next month's contest to reacquaint yourself with NB fanfictions.
    Ok let me first point out something based off your own review. I'm only taking one sentence you said and then I will explain to you how slack you truly are in comparison to me:

"Other than that, a few punctuation errors that I really don't care too much about since it amounted to comma placing for the most part. "

This was just but one sentence you said on your first review and instead of pointing out each error and telling the person how to fix it, you just say that the errors exist. If one doesn't explain to someone why it's an error and how they can fix it, they will continue to fall into the same trap. Surely, I have told you this many times before. Also comma placing is a very COMMON and real struggle that many people have trouble mastering. Knowing the right moment to take a pause for dramatic effect is only one tool of making your words have an affect on someone. I swear I had this problem with you as well! You use to add in commas all the time and it annoyed me to no end. It's like taking a pause every other word.

Also I didn't see anywhere in your review where you displayed your own knowledge for creative and vivid writing. You didn't take apart that person's story and give them examples on HOW they could write it better. It's easy enough to say this writing doesn't have what it takes, but without showing your own knowledge for how to make it better, it holds no real meaning.

You know me well enough to know that I tear people's work apart; sentence by sentence. I don't have the time to go through 8 people's writings and critique the way you want me to or the way I am known for.

To respond at your playful jab about me losing my abilities for writing and critiquing, I never lost it. I still continue to write on my own and am actually working on getting a work published (for real this time). So I can't lose something when I continue to sharpen my abilities often so they never become dull. Also, I have to edit people's writing all the time in charts from scribes and surgical counselors. I haven't lost my ability. :p

Status
    Apr 2013
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

Ok let me first point out something based off your own review. I'm only taking one sentence you said and then I will explain to you how slack you truly are in comparison to me:

"Other than that, a few punctuation errors that I really don't care too much about since it amounted to comma placing for the most part. "

This was just but one sentence you said on your first review and instead of pointing out each error and telling the person how to fix it, you just say that the errors exist. If one doesn't explain to someone why it's an error and how they can fix it, they will continue to fall into the same trap. Surely, I have told you this many times before. Also comma placing is a very COMMON and real struggle that many people have trouble mastering. Knowing the right moment to take a pause for dramatic effect is only one tool of making your words have an affect on someone. I swear I had this problem with you as well! You use to add in commas all the time and it annoyed me to no end. It's like taking a pause every other word.

Also I didn't see anywhere in your review where you displayed your own knowledge for creative and vivid writing. You didn't take apart that person's story and give them examples on HOW they could write it better. It's easy enough to say this writing doesn't have what it takes, but without showing your own knowledge for how to make it better, it holds no real meaning.

You know me well enough to know that I tear people's work apart; sentence by sentence. I don't have the time to go through 8 people's writings and critique the way you want me to or the way I am known for.

To respond at your playful jab about me losing my abilities for writing and critiquing, I never lost it. I still continue to write on my own and am actually working on getting a work published (for real this time). So I can't lose something when I continue to sharpen my abilities often so they never become dull. Also, I have to edit people's writing all the time in charts from scribes and surgical counselors. I haven't lost my ability. :p
    I feel like I'm watching Reborn vs Reborn.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Bleh, it backfired, she didn't agree to take next month's judging. She just made more for me to read ;_; (I'll read it later...maybe, depends on my stamina after I'm done with NB for the day).

Aetherian Rhapsodies Review

One more to go since I'm not going to bother with TASM's with him being banned.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    meant to be reached, it often
    serves simply as something to
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

@ Bold - To be fair, I don't think Reborn has the will nor time to do just that either. Heck, people these days (on NB) doesn't even properly review stuff anymore beside the usual "Hey cool work" and the likes There's a reason I stopped reviewing stuff on here too because spending 3 hours on a single post for a review on a chapter just to point out all the things you suggested above, takes too much time and effort for most people, including me, haha.

Not going to take any sides here, but I personally don't remember seeing Lawliet giving out reviews of any kind for as long as she held this contest, so I got to give credit where credit is due.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    @ Bold - To be fair, I don't think Reborn has the will nor time to do just that either. Heck, people these days (on NB) doesn't even properly review stuff anymore beside the usual "Hey cool work" and the likes There's a reason I stopped reviewing stuff on here too because spending 3 hours on a single post for a review on a chapter just to point out all the things you suggested above, takes too much time and effort for most people, including me, haha.

Not going to take any sides here, but I personally don't remember seeing Lawliet giving out reviews of any kind for as long as she held this contest, so I got to give credit where credit is due.
    My point exactly.

tf I look like pointing out each and every grammatical error I see. Nobody has perfect grammar, I'm not going to sit here like "Every place you missed a semicolon. Do not use reflexive verbs here, here, here...." I'm not MS word!

Seffy fixin to roast Legendary alive with a post the same size as his FF just on his grammar mistakes alone. I'm over here talking about moderation Shishou. You cannot go SSJ3 on these on Saiyan Saga Radiz with everybody, you need to conserve energy in situations like these.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

I feel like I'm watching Reborn vs Reborn.
    He had to get it from somewhere >_>
    Bleh, it backfired, she didn't agree to take next month's judging. She just made more for me to read ;_; (I'll read it later...maybe, depends on my stamina after I'm done with NB for the day).

Shishou is so cruel to you!

To be fair, I think that's why he wants me to do it. Nobody wants to spend all that time critiquing work, it truly does take a great deal of time and I work all the time so it's truly not something I want to do. Especially to the links I use to do them. I even had a section in the writer's base group where people submitted their works for me to critique and well I never finished them. AH well. Just take my side, not like I'm on here much anymore and since I'm actually posting I should get some credit for that. lol

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

He had to get it from somewhere >_>

Shishou is so cruel to you!

To be fair, I think that's why he wants me to do it. Nobody wants to spend all that time critiquing work, it truly does take a great deal of time and I work all the time so it's truly not something I want to do. Especially to the links I use to do them. I even had a section in the writer's base group where people submitted their works for me to critique and well I never finished them. AH well. Just take my side, not like I'm on here much anymore and since I'm actually posting I should get some credit for that. lol
    I gotta deal with character biographies, battle tests, whinny little people who want me to check other fights, training. I'm not built for this!

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

My point exactly.

tf I look like pointing out each and every grammatical error I see. Nobody has perfect grammar, I'm not going to sit here like "Every place you missed a semicolon. Do not use reflexive verbs here, here, here...." I'm not MS word!

Seffy fixin to roast Legendary alive with a post the same size as his FF just on his grammar mistakes alone. I'm over here talking about moderation Shishou. You cannot go SSJ3 on these on Saiyan Saga Radiz with everybody, you need to conserve energy in situations like these.
    Probably longer, I seen the size of his ff. lol Since when have you ever known me to take things in moderation? I'm all or nothing! Why can't I? >_> I'd save a lot of time from Goku dying all the time and all the wasted episodes of them still powering up!
    I gotta deal with character biographies, battle tests, whinny little people who want me to check other fights, training. I'm not built for this!
    Well, you're stuck with it.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

To be even more fair than fair (), I was actually taking Reborn's side for once, strange huh But you are right, I also remember that uhm... What was it called again, NB Writer helpers or something? I think Escorpiius came up with it and you could sign up as a helper and people then submitted "problems" they wanted help with and someone took the job xD Can't honestly remember, but I do remember that I never signed up for it due to the fact mention above alone, haha.

But in all fairness, I think you should spend some time around NB again, would be great to have you around the writing section in one way or the other again

Status
    Apr 2013
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

thanks, and don't read the wall. You've read enough mate.

i gotta agree with you. Real feedback is hard to come by. I'm guilty of that as well. I really wasn't expecting Reborn to give a review so I'm was kinda excited to see it happen. I hope it doesn't burn out because he does work hard on the RP side of the base.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

To be even more fair than fair (), I was actually taking Reborn's side for once, strange huh But you are right, I also remember that uhm... What was it called again, NB Writer helpers or something? I think Escorpiius came up with it and you could sign up as a helper and people then submitted "problems" they wanted help with and someone took the job xD Can't honestly remember, but I do remember that I never signed up for it due to the fact mention above alone, haha.

But in all fairness, I think you should spend some time around NB again, would be great to have you around the writing section in one way or the other again
    Yeah, I remember what you are talking about. I'd rather not though. I'm only on here now because I had a half a day at work. I won't be on too much longer.
    thanks, and don't read the wall. You've read enough mate.

i gotta agree with you. Real feedback is hard to come by. I'm guilty of that as well. I really wasn't expecting Reborn to give a review so I'm was kinda excited to see it happen. I hope it doesn't burn out because he does work hard on the RP side of the base.
    Don't be nice to him. If Reborn can't handle it, then he needs to step up and do something about it. He put this on his plate and now he has to eat what's on it. AND he likes eating, don't worry about him, he'll be fine.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

I gotta agree with you. Real feedback is hard to come by. I'm guilty of that as well. I really wasn't expecting Reborn to give a review so I'm was kinda excited to see it happen. I hope it doesn't burn out because he does work hard on the RP side of the base.
    Well I was surprised myself honestly, in a good way of course. Now that I think of it, Lawliet did review my very first or so chapter on the Base, but only because I was a noob back then (maybe I still am to some extent, haha ) and asked every single member I could think of to read it (it sort of worked since I got Caliburn and Mugiwara among 40 others to read it xO), so it had nothing to do with the contests at the time. Personally, I try to generalize my points in a review in such a way that the writer gets the message and afterwards is able to sort out the problem(s) him/herself.

I spent 3 hours making up a review for Deoxy/Savage/Sinless once and having to quote every single line that had a mistake in it and come up with a suggestion for a better structure alone took up most of the time, so much that I almost didn't put in a single thought on the content of the chapter itself Even worse, the review seemed to sort of break his spirit to such a degree that he abandoned the first chapter and then later on started on something else entirely. So yeah, not even getting a proper reply to a review that took 3 hours to amass except some small exchanges through FB definitely was the last nail in the coffin for my reviewing spirit here on NB. Don't think I ever put up a review like it since, and instead focused on the content alone until I stopped completely

Yeah, I remember what you are talking about. I'd rather not though. I'm only on here now because I had a half a day at work. I won't be on too much longer.

Don't be nice to him. If Reborn can't handle it, then he needs to step up and do something about it. He put this on his plate and now he has to eat what's on it. AND he likes eating, don't worry about him, he'll be fine.
    Well at least it got a bit more lively around here for a change ^^

And Omega was replying to me if that wasn't clear And regardless, Reborn has been pushing it to the limit since taking over this contest this year that is for sure. Not saying Lawliet didn't push the wheel around while she was in charge, but replying in these threads and giving out reviews were hardly on the table in her reign so to speak . But by all means, let's have some fun with Reborn xO

Last edited by Michael92; 08-01-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Probably longer, I seen the size of his ff. lol Since when have you ever known me to take things in moderation? I'm all or nothing! Why can't I? >_> I'd save a lot of time from Goku dying all the time and all the wasted episodes of them still powering up!

Well, you're stuck with it.
    This is where I surpass you Shishou. You'd save Goku time but you'd cost Toriyama money There's a quote from somebody in an anime I'm watching this season who I could really get behind. I'll paraphrase it: Something along the lines of humanity's laziness being the mother of advancement. Fighting smart and conserving energy is the best way to fight a war. If you can afford to relax during war, you're doing it right.

^ Those are wise words. Yay for laziness :zzz:

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

This is where I surpass you Shishou. You'd save Goku time but you'd cost Toriyama money There's a quote from somebody in an anime I'm watching this season who I could really get behind. I'll paraphrase it: Something along the lines of humanity's laziness being the mother of advancement. Fighting smart and conserving energy is the best way to fight a war. If you can afford to relax during war, you're doing it right.

^ Those are wise words. Yay for laziness :zzz:
    It's laziness is the mother of inventions.

Status
    Apr 2013
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

A RP'er simply does not antagonize Reborn. Lol

Status
    Aug 2010
    left undone

Awards Showcase

A RP'er simply does not antagonize Reborn. Lol
    This man has been trained properly.