3 23.08%
Page 3 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
    With Great Power The Amazing Spider Man's Avatar

Status
    May 2014
    Comes Great Responsibility

Awards Showcase

Re: Voting: Best Writer [August 2016]

Will not be participating any longer. Good luck Reborn.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    meant to be reached, it often
    serves simply as something to
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider Man View Post
    Will not be participating any longer. Good luck Reborn.
    Alas, another forebearer lays down his sword and retires. I raise a toast to you my friend, for the glorious battles you've laid behind you. I raise my for you.

Status
    May 2014

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Alas, another forebearer lays down his sword and retires. I raise a toast to you my friend, for the glorious battles you've laid behind you. I raise my for you.
    This writer of the month idea ain't for me. Plus this base no longer deserves the amount of penmanship nor time I put into my work. I get paid to write reviews on apps and here reviewing or being creative just gets you banned. F this site. Waste of my life force.

Status
    Apr 2013
    #Omega4Kage #HateonPriestHebad
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

This writer of the month idea ain't for me. Plus this base no longer deserves the amount of penmanship nor time I put into my work. I get paid to write reviews on apps and here reviewing or being creative just gets you banned. F this site. Waste of my life force.
    Care to elaborate on this writer of the month contest? I don't think you ever got to particpate since you've been banned both times. Anyways sorry you feel that way. Lol, I have no idea why you get banned but I never knew it was for reviewing and being creative. xD, Anyway, I raise a to TASM. Good luck in the future. ^^

Status
    Aug 2010
    Do nothing and yet nothing is
    left undone

Awards Showcase

If by creative you mean posting inappropriate content that blatantly breaks the rules of the forum then alright. Second to last ban you posted a thread about female asses. I'm not entirely sure what you were banned for last time but going simply by your infraction/ban history it was probably warranted. If you feel your efforts are undeserved then bye, hope you find someplace that does.

Onto something that's actually important, within 12 hours I'll have the contest results.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Having a kind heart doesn't
    make you weak. Those that
    abuse your kindness are the
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    If by creative you mean posting inappropriate content that blatantly breaks the rules of the forum then alright. Second to last ban you posted a thread about female asses. I'm not entirely sure what you were banned for last time but going simply by your infraction/ban history it was probably warranted. If you feel your efforts are undeserved then bye, hope you find someplace that does.

Onto something that's actually important, within 12 hours I'll have the contest results.
    interesting...

Status
    Aug 2010
    Do nothing and yet nothing is
    left undone

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Seffy View Post
    interesting...
    *Guard up* I sense hidden malice in that ellipse.

Single word replies, you shouldn't do that Shishou, that's not allowed.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

nope...u_u

Edit: Besides, I was contributing to the conversation. My response was legit and open to continue more conversation if someone wanted to find out more. I don't see where my 1 word response went wrong. (Not like I really care....)

Last edited by Seffy; 09-02-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

With the "Good Luck Reborn" remark earlier, it now almost sounds as if it was aimed at Reborn as host himself and not the general stuff going around on NB. Again, that might be just me reading too much into it, but still there's no reason to go over board. I too have had ups and downs on here up through the years and one thing I've learned for sure is not to take things too seriously, as that is where you will be disappointed. Either you write for yourself or for your readers, there's no one forcing you to finish up a work on here just because you started it or feel like it, quite the contrary actually. Looking back, there's probably only about 5 per cent of all writers who began on stories that stretched past 20 chapters that actually finished them. It's not our job to write, it's just something you do for fun on here. If you want to go beyond that, you should start thinking exactly what you want to do with your writing. Becoming a famed best-selling author is never going to happen on NB, you of all people should have understood that

And yes, both Reborn and I are among the ones who have dedicated most time and space writing for NB, and no one ever forced us to finish anything. You should focus on what drives you the most, whether that is writing here or elsewhere. Besides, you're not the first to retire from writing nor contesting on here xP Not even sure if I would fit in with the current format.

@Bold - Friendly advice, never get too arrogant about your own skill-set, frustrated or not. Eventually you will hit the wall with that kind of attitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegā View Post
    Care to elaborate on this writer of the month contest? I don't think you ever got to participate since you've been banned both times. Anyways sorry you feel that way. Lol, I have no idea why you get banned but I never knew it was for reviewing and being creative. xD, Anyway, I raise a to TASM. Good luck in the future. ^^
    You seem to be in a good mood, and yes, lol He timed that aspect poorly, but I still get his point. The first sentence that is.

interesting...

nope...u_u

Edit: Besides, I was contributing to the conversation. My response was legit and open to continue more conversation if someone wanted to find out more. I don't see where my 1 word response went wrong. (Not like I really care....)
    Why do you guys have to awkward it up all the time, geez The suspense is real

Status
    Apr 2013
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

With the "Good Luck Reborn" remark earlier, it now almost sounds as if it was aimed at Reborn as host himself and not the general stuff going around on NB. Again, that might be just me reading too much into it, but still there's no reason to go over board. I too have had ups and downs on here up through the years and one thing I've learned for sure is not to take things too seriously, as that is where you will be disappointed. Either you write for yourself or for your readers, there's no one forcing you to finish up a work on here just because you started it or feel like it, quite the contrary actually. Looking back, there's probably only about 5 per cent of all writers who began on stories that stretched past 20 chapters that actually finished them. It's not our job to write, it's just something you do for fun on here. If you want to go beyond that, you should start thinking exactly what you want to do with your writing. Becoming a famed best-selling author is never going to happen on NB, you of all people should have understood that

And yes, both Reborn and I are among the ones who have dedicated most time and space writing for NB, and no one ever forced us to finish anything. You should focus on what drives you the most, whether that is writing here or elsewhere. Besides, you're not the first to retire from writing nor contesting on here xP Not even sure if I would fit in with the current format.

@Bold - Friendly advice, never get too arrogant about your own skill-set, frustrated or not. Eventually you will hit the wall with that kind of attitude...

You seem to be in a good mood, and yes, lol He timed that aspect poorly, but I still get his point. The first sentence that is.

First I agree with mostly everything you said. I write because if I don't express myself creatively I feel bottled up. I entered the past ff contests just because I could, and even though I'd only get like 2 votes I continued to write because I didn't care. Having ppl read it is icing on the cake. Anyway, my mood is so great that my pocket is full of sunshine. ^^

Anywho, Reborn and Seffy should have their own show I swear to god......

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Omegā View Post
    First I agree with mostly everything you said. I write because if I don't express myself creatively I feel bottled up. I entered the past ff contests just because I could, and even though I'd only get like 2 votes I continued to write because I didn't care. Having ppl read it is icing on the cake. Anyway, my mood is so great that my pocket is full of sunshine. ^^

Anywho, Reborn and Seffy should have their own show I swear to god......
    Indeed.

With exclusive behind the scenes features

Status
    May 2014

Awards Showcase

Nah if I had something to say to Reborn I would have flat out stated so and went on a rant. He isn't the problem here it's these other roaches.

It's not fun when you're knowingly writing for a site that continues to Youtube policy your content.

I will continue to be as arrogant as possible I don't give a ****

Status
    Apr 2013
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

Indeed.

With exclusive behind the scenes features
    You rascal.
    but srsly they need to invite me to the wedding. :Coffee:

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

Ok since I don't feel like actually quoting everyone I will just make one message.

1. I only got on the first time because of that message that originally was said and aimed at Reborn.

--Ok listen good. When I started writing on the base we got judged based off of popularity, rarely was it for skill. Also writing reviews is like writing your opinion down. So if you get paid to do that, then good for you! It takes BASIC knowledge of grammar and of the English language to write an opinion! If you truly have so much faith in your works, then get off your ass and get published! Don't just sit there and throw words around about how we aren't worth your "penmanship"! You see the thing is, there's no such thing as wasting your talent and skill (unless you're not using it). If I hadn't started writing on the base a lot of things wouldn't have happened in my life that truly needed to happen. Aside from that, getting your name and work out there will mean you have to post or publish to many places or people you don't feel are to your standards. However, a real writer, knows that there will ALWAYS BE SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T LIKE THEIR STUFF! Instead of going on about how you are wasting your life, you should appreciate the people that do read your stuff and like it! Stop these bs excuses.

--As for the remarks made to Reborn and how he is running this new format, how about you be productive! Give ideas and input instead of complaining about how it's not to your standards! I helped Reborn a great deal with his grammar and writing skill and I honestly think that what he is doing is too good for you guys! He's making the time to give constructive criticism when he has so many other things he could be doing! So instead of being negative, be supportive! If you don't like anything and don't want to be helpful then BYE FELICA! You truly won't be missed. This part is for anyone, not aimed at anyone!

2. Ok now for the Reborn and I interaction, how we interact with each other is our own business. Yes, we may pick at each other or may need our own show, but him and I both know the bottom line to it all. So there's no need to worry yourselves about him and I butting heads, because we know what the other is really saying or really meaning.

--BOTTOM LINE--
    If anyone has anything they want to say that's not helpful or appreciative to the amount of time Reborn is putting into this contest, then please kindly keep them to yourself because nobody cares nor wants to hear it! Thank you and have a great day!

Last edited by Seffy; 09-02-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Status
    May 2014

Awards Showcase

Ok since I don't feel like actually quoting everyone I will just make one message.

1. I only got on the first time because of that message that originally was said and aimed at Reborn.

--Ok listen good. When I started writing on the base we got judged based off of popularity, rarely was it for skill. Also writing reviews is like writing your opinion down. So if you get paid to do that, then good for you! It takes BASIC knowledge of grammar and of the English language to write an opinion! If you truly have so much faith in your works, then get off your ass and get published! Don't just sit there and throw words around about how we aren't worth your "penmanship"! You see the thing is, there's no such thing as wasting your talent and skill (unless you're not using it). If I hadn't started writing on the base a lot of things wouldn't have happened in my life that truly needed to happen. Aside from that, getting your name and work out there will mean you have to post or publish to many places or people you don't feel are to your standards. However, a real writer, knows that there will ALWAYS BE SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T LIKE THEIR STUFF! Instead of going on about how you are wasting your life, you should appreciate the people that do read your stuff and like it! Stop this bs excuses.

--As for the remarks made to Reborn and how he is running this new format, how about you be productive! Give ideas and input instead of complaining about how it's not to your standards! I helped Reborn a great deal with his grammar and writing skill and I honestly think that what he is doing is too good for you guys! He's making the time to give constructive criticism when he has so many other things he could be doing! So instead of being negative, be supportive! If you don't like anything and don't want to be helpful then BYE FELICA! You truly won't be missed.

2. Ok now for the Reborn and I interaction, how we interact with each other is our own business. Yes, we may pick at each other or may need our own show, but him and I both know what bottom line to it all. So there's no need to worry yourselves about him and I butting heads, because we know what the other is really saying or really meaning.

--BOTTOM LINE--
    If anyone has anything they want to say that's not helpful or appreciative to the amount of time Reborn is putting into this contest, then please kindly keep them to yourself because nobody cares nor wants to hear it! Thank you and have a great day!

Anyways I got money to make and gains to well... also make LOL Peace

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

Anyways I got money to make and gains to well... also make LOL Peace
    Oh right, guess you weren't literate enough to read it!

Status
    May 2014

Awards Showcase

Oh right, guess you weren't literate enough to read it!

I'm the gold medal champion cmon now LOL

Status
    Aug 2011
    ones that are weak.

Awards Showcase

I'm the gold medal champion cmon now LOL
    Of what? Being illiterate? That's truly something you shouldn't be boosting about...

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Awards Showcase

Oh boy..

Spidey has gone rogue

Status
    Apr 2013
    #NWVsKonoha

Awards Showcase

I'd just like to say, I love the new format. Maybe I'm bias because I won the last one, but I had issues with the way things were before. I would constant only get 2, 1, 3 votes. 3 is the highest number I ever had I think. I had no concrete evidence but I was pretty sure my ff was not given a fair shake, so I continued to try and improve even though I felt like it was a popularity contest. Like my funny, error filled ff received the same number of votes as my more serious ones. So yeah, it was disheartening but I continued to write. In this new format I won my very first ff. Reborn gave his reasons, and even if you account for bias this is probably still better than the previous versions where ff's aren't even read. He actually does offer good advice, but my only issue is that some writers
    would not take the criticism, albeit constructive, very well. They might quit writing or participating. Personally I like it.

@Seffy I just think you and reborn are hilarious. Plz don't take the jokes too srsly.