Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Moderator Newt Scamander's Avatar

    Status
    Newt Scamander is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,612
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    Fufufu... I like mai weed. -
    Klaus & Tsuchi
     

    Awards Showcase


    ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    How much members here want the PhoTM to resume in November and are willing to take part?
    Comment below and if you have any suggestions on how to make the contest better, post below.

    Don't spam in this thread, you will be infracted accordingly.
     
         

  2. #2
    Banned

    Status
    Lyke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,713
    Location
    Germany
    Itachi solos
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    i hate every mod except you!

    OT: yes, resume
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Thoth's Avatar

    Status
    Thoth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,518
    l'art pour l'art
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    I wish the contest would get resumed! And would personally take part.

    I don't particularly like the rule that there should be NB proof in the photo. I've searched through some of the previous contests and noticed that not every picture has the NB proof in it. So I'm not sure whether that is a rule that must be obided or not. I certainly do feel like some members think they have to put NB in their photo, but in the end, submissions that don't have it are also valid. Anyway, I think that it should get removed from the rules. I know that the whole original idea of the contest was to combine real life and NB, but that rule restricts the photographer's crativity, as in inspiration to do photography for the contest. The sole fact that someone is posting a work of their art here shows a great connection between NB and real life.

    Furthermore, I think we should try freestyle for a theme, especially for the return of the contest. (And then maybe throw one once in a while). I believe that there are members who perhaps really like taking photos, but often give up from submitting when they see a certain theme that doesn't interest them. Now, I do think that having a theme makes a better-formatted, well organized contest. However, the contest does get too few submissions and that could it to get back on its feet.

    I hope I'm making sense. I would love for this project to keep going.
     
         

  4. #4
    Moderator Newt Scamander's Avatar

    Status
    Newt Scamander is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,612
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    Fufufu... I like mai weed. -
    Klaus & Tsuchi
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    I wish the contest would get resumed! And would personally take part.

    I don't particularly like the rule that there should be NB proof in the photo. I've searched through some of the previous contests and noticed that not every picture has the NB proof in it. So I'm not sure whether that is a rule that must be obided or not. I certainly do feel like some members think they have to put NB in their photo, but in the end, submissions that don't have it are also valid. Anyway, I think that it should get removed from the rules. I know that the whole original idea of the contest was to combine real life and NB, but that rule restricts the photographer's crativity, as in inspiration to do photography for the contest. The sole fact that someone is posting a work of their art here shows a great connection between NB and real life.

    Furthermore, I think we should try freestyle for a theme, especially for the return of the contest. (And then maybe throw one once in a while). I believe that there are members who perhaps really like taking photos, but often give up from submitting when they see a certain theme that doesn't interest them. Now, I do think that having a theme makes a better-formatted, well organized contest. However, the contest does get too few submissions and that could it to get back on its feet.

    I hope I'm making sense. I would love for this project to keep going.
    Thanks for your suggestions

    For the images that don't have the NB proof logo that are sent to voting, a picture is PM'd to me with the NB logo in it along with the image that the user wants to use to vote. So its up to the user if they want to add the NB logo for the pic that's going to voting, but one of the pictures (Supporting or Voting) must have the NB logo.
    Reasons for the NB logo in the image is that someone can go get an image online and flip it or do something to it so that it wont show up on Google's image searcher and then that person may win by using someone elses pic.

    If it resumes, I'll do freestyle.. Though its been done before and there were not much submissions.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Thoth's Avatar

    Status
    Thoth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,518
    l'art pour l'art
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions

    For the images that don't have the NB proof logo that are sent to voting, a picture is PM'd to me with the NB logo in it along with the image that the user wants to use to vote. So its up to the user if they want to add the NB logo for the pic that's going to voting, but one of the pictures (Supporting or Voting) must have the NB logo.
    Reasons for the NB logo in the image is that someone can go get an image online and flip it or do something to it so that it wont show up on Google's image searcher and then that person may win by using someone elses pic.

    If it resumes, I'll do freestyle.. Though its been done before and there were not much submissions.
    Oh, I see! I did not think it was that way. Then it is a very good concept. It is really not a problem to take one more similar photo containing the NB proof.

    Micro, macro, frog perspective, bird perspective, black and white, simmetry, assimetry, geometry. Maybe having those style-like themes would inspire people. I know they would me.
     
         

  6. #6
    Moderator Newt Scamander's Avatar

    Status
    Newt Scamander is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,612
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    Fufufu... I like mai weed. -
    Klaus & Tsuchi
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Oh, I see! I did not think it was that way. Then it is a very good concept. It is really not a problem to take one more similar photo containing the NB proof.

    Micro, macro, frog perspective, bird perspective, black and white, simmetry, assimetry, geometry. Maybe having those style-like themes would inspire people. I know they would me.
    I'll keep that in mind
     
         

  7. #7
    Gabby-chan's Avatar

    Status
    Gabby-chan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,742
    Location
    New York City ♡
    *yawns*
     

    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    I do! I wish to participate!
     
         

  8. #8
    剣天皇 Ańbu Juniør's Avatar

    Status
    Ańbu Juniør is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,618
    Location
    Lupus Den
    I'd rather betray the world,
    than have it betray me
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    I need this competition to return ;_;
     
         

  9. #9
    Moderator Newt Scamander's Avatar

    Status
    Newt Scamander is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,612
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    Fufufu... I like mai weed. -
    Klaus & Tsuchi
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby-chan View Post
    I do! I wish to participate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ańbu Juniør View Post
    I need this competition to return ;_;
    Alrighty! Hope I can see subs from you guys when I start the contest
    Any suggestions on bettering the contest?
     
         

  10. #10
    Gabby-chan's Avatar

    Status
    Gabby-chan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,742
    Location
    New York City ♡
    *yawns*
     

    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
    Alrighty! Hope I can see subs from you guys when I start the contest
    Any suggestions on bettering the contest?
    Advertise it more. A lot of people don't know about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ańbu Juniør View Post
    I need this competition to return ;-;
    Don't we all ;-;
     
         

  11. #11
    El Alucard's Avatar

    Status
    El Alucard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,769
    Location
    Bhill City
    penguinllama
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    I might can also join
     
         

  12. #12
    Gabby-chan's Avatar

    Status
    Gabby-chan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,742
    Location
    New York City ♡
    *yawns*
     

    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Sooo...what's happening with this?
     
         

  13. #13
    Moderator Newt Scamander's Avatar

    Status
    Newt Scamander is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,612
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    Fufufu... I like mai weed. -
    Klaus & Tsuchi
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    I'm gonna start in back in November.
    If I get no entries or low entries, then I'll have to talk to an admin to decide the future of the contest.
     
         

  14. #14
    剣天皇 Ańbu Juniør's Avatar

    Status
    Ańbu Juniør is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,618
    Location
    Lupus Den
    I'd rather betray the world,
    than have it betray me
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
    I'm gonna start in back in November.
    If I get no entries or low entries, then I'll have to talk to an admin to decide the future of the contest.
    I'll advertise/threaten people to join if I have to
     
         

  15. #15
    Badass Boy Rohan's Avatar

    Status
    Rohan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    20,015
    Location
    India
    Happiness Is Divinity
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Ańbu Juniør View Post
    I'll advertise/threaten people to join if I have to
    You will have to advertise, otherwise the contest will end up with few participants. I am pretty sure that a majority of the people here do not even know that this contest exists. You can spread the word by making threads in the Chatterbox and the NDS. Both sections attract many members which means more people will know about the contest.
     
         
    Last edited by Rohan; 10-17-2016 at 05:47 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Michelle's Avatar

    Status
    Michelle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,292
    This user has no status.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    I would like to take part.

    I am sorry for the sport pic contest, i realy had my pic done but i forgot to take a nb proof in the moment i took that pic. It was from a street basketball match and i enjoyed soo much to see street bball in my country.
    when i realised i cannot prove i made the pic i was soo frustrated ...

    So please continue with the contest and i will participate and i will for sure make a double pic next time
     
         

  17. #17
    Gabby-chan's Avatar

    Status
    Gabby-chan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,742
    Location
    New York City ♡
    *yawns*
     

    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    All this waiting is going to cause me to quit
     
         

  18. #18
    Moderator Newt Scamander's Avatar

    Status
    Newt Scamander is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,612
    Location
    The Haunted Mansion
    Fufufu... I like mai weed. -
    Klaus & Tsuchi
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby-chan View Post
    All this waiting is going to cause me to quit
    Got to start at the first day of the month as per admin request.
     
         

  19. #19
    Оdin's Avatar

    Status
    Оdin is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,471
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    I wish the contest would get resumed! And would personally take part.

    I don't particularly like the rule that there should be NB proof in the photo. I've searched through some of the previous contests and noticed that not every picture has the NB proof in it. So I'm not sure whether that is a rule that must be obided or not. I certainly do feel like some members think they have to put NB in their photo, but in the end, submissions that don't have it are also valid. Anyway, I think that it should get removed from the rules. I know that the whole original idea of the contest was to combine real life and NB, but that rule restricts the photographer's crativity, as in inspiration to do photography for the contest. The sole fact that someone is posting a work of their art here shows a great connection between NB and real life.

    Furthermore, I think we should try freestyle for a theme, especially for the return of the contest. (And then maybe throw one once in a while). I believe that there are members who perhaps really like taking photos, but often give up from submitting when they see a certain theme that doesn't interest them. Now, I do think that having a theme makes a better-formatted, well organized contest. However, the contest does get too few submissions and that could it to get back on its feet.

    I hope I'm making sense. I would love for this project to keep going.
    There needs to be proof that an NB member took the picture or else you'd have a lot of people ripping pictures from websites that Google reverse image search has no access to. You can easily take two pics; one without the logo and one with it, or you can make the logo in the background of the picture using whatever you find around the environment, or engrave it on the ground or whatever. After all, being creative will probably inch you closer to first place than just snapping a pretty picture.
     
         

  20. #20
    Member Rylan's Avatar

    Status
    Rylan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    901
    Location
    Here.
    This user has no status.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: ▒ ▒ ▒ Future of the PhoTM▒ ▒ ▒

    I think it should start as I would even participate
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •