Page 4 of 5 « First 12345 Last»

Status
    Apr 2011
    I will be responding to all
    training ASAP

Awards Showcase

Re: Deidara vs Sasuke was one of the worst fights in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Guntah View Post
    Author told us Sasuke has no chakra yet he summoned a giant snake. Deidara's statement was also never corrected in the aftermath, leaving this unresolved. Thus, plot hole.

Though some people often chose to blatantly ignore that...and if it makes them feel better, I see no harm.
    As someone above linked, it was never stated that Sasuke was out of chakra. That was a mistranslation.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Walking the Path of the Sage

Not sure what the issue is here. Wasn't reverse summoning Jutsu introduced before this fight? When Naruto traveled with Pa Frog to the Sacred Mountain via reverse summoning?

Sasuke using it to save himself from getting blown to bits seemed more like quick thinking than an asspull to me. It's a legit fight in my book. An enjoyable one that Sauce won fair and square

Status
    Nov 2016
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ToshiZO View Post
    Lmfao stop trying to be some hipster. That fight > any War arc fight, which automatically disqualifies it from being "one of the worst fights"

Only the ending can be considered iffy, but that's it. That fight was one of the most balanced and well thought out. It displayed a whole variety of different jutsu properly.
    Ikr. I can tell kishi put heart into that fight. Likely what converted me from naruto to sasuke fan back in 2007 lol

Sasuke > Your Favourite. shelke's Avatar

Status
    Sep 2012
    Doom, Gloom, and Dis-Pear.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Decimo Vongola View Post
    Same and no one is giving any.
    Make me three. Shit posting is shit posting, to be honest. We knew well before Sasuke even pulled that stunt that he was fully capable of performing several maneuvers by evading consecutive shockwaves without CS2 that are faster than hypersonic. Suddenly, he does just that at the end and it becomes an asspull? Typical whiny comments from typical posters.

Not only that it was a two against one fight as Obito was planting the mines underground. Sasuke was holding back as well, and still Deidara lost. OP is the real-life Deidara!

Status
    Dec 2011
    #MAVSNATION✔

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Pop View Post
    Deidara never even said anything about sasuke being out of chakra

so that claim is nonsense and self made.
    Didn't know you quoted my fam until Shelke quoted me. Also that scan never said Sasuke was out of chakra lol he said Sasuke's chakra took a big hit. He was never on empty like everyone claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by shelke View Post
    Make me three. Shit posting is shit posting, to be honest. We knew well before Sasuke even pulled that stunt that he was fully capable of performing several maneuvers by evading consecutive shockwaves without CS2 that are faster than hypersonic. Suddenly, he does just that at the end and it becomes an asspull? Typical whiny comments from typical posters.

Not only that it was a two against one fight as Obito was planting the mines underground. Sasuke was holding back as well, and still Deidara lost. OP is the real-life Deidara!
    Lol people saying it's asspull are the same people saying Itachi is a god because he was able to activate MS and summon and even form Susano'o before Kirin hit the ground.

Status
    Sep 2012

Awards Showcase

Didn't know you quoted my fam until Shelke quoted me. Also that scan never said Sasuke was out of chakra lol he said Sasuke's chakra took a big hit. He was never on empty like everyone claim.

Lol people saying it's asspull are the same people saying Itachi is a god because he was able to activate MS and summon and even form Susano'o before Kirin hit the ground.
    Yup, and that can't be asspull because gotta put Sasuke down for every little thing and the rest always get a pass. It's also funny that most of these are Naruto wankers and they unabashedly support a charcater that is asspull king in the manga. The fact that he pulled several, jarring and laughable asspulls in this one fight against Pein that many characters (including Sasuke) haven't pulled out in the entire manga is a telling tale.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

no way it was worst than:

Sakura vs Ino

I do disagree though as that fight really displayed the nature wheel: Lightning > Earth

It also showed a serious Deidara who pulled out every trick in the book to try and beat Sasuke

Status
    Dec 2011
    #MAVSNATION✔

Yup, and that can't be asspull because gotta put Sasuke down for every little thing and the rest always get a pass. It's also funny that most of these are Naruto wankers and they unabashedly support a charcater that is asspull king in the manga. The fact that he pulled several, jarring and laughable asspulls in this one fight against Pein that many characters (including Sasuke) haven't pulled out in the entire manga is a telling tale.
    I bet half the people here aren't Naruto fans i bet they just like him to join the in'croud. Or those because he's the MC you have to like him people. Everything Sasuke does is asspull to them. Yet Naruto vs Neji a good fight was asspull. Naruto in the war had plenty also. But nah it gotta be Sasuke.

Status
    Sep 2012

Awards Showcase

I bet half the people here aren't Naruto fans i bet they just like him to join the in'croud. Or those because he's the MC you have to like him people. Everything Sasuke does is asspull to them. Yet Naruto vs Neji a good fight was asspull. Naruto in the war had plenty also. But nah it gotta be Sasuke.
    Pretty much. But, as I said, Naruto has more asspulls in that one Pein fight than many characters combined have in the whole manga. But, as you stated, gotta ignore everything and attack Sasuke because it's edgy thing to do.

Status
    Dec 2011
    #MAVSNATION✔

Pretty much. But, as I said, Naruto has more asspulls in that one Pein fight than many characters combined have in the whole manga. But, as you stated, gotta ignore everything and attack Sasuke because it's edgy thing to do.
    It's the fab. Gotta hate the person that the MC could never beat legit without having a draw or him losing.

Status
    Sep 2012

Awards Showcase

It's the fab. Gotta hate the person that the MC could never beat legit without having a draw or him losing.
    Isn't that the only time this has happened in Shounen? That has got to hurt if it has.

Status
    Dec 2011
    #MAVSNATION✔

Isn't that the only time this has happened in Shounen? That has got to hurt if it has.
    As far as i know yea. Tho i think in HxH Killua is/was stronger than Gon but not sure.

Status
    Jun 2015
    This user has no status.

I still hate Sakura vs. Ino at the Chunnin exams more lmao

Status
    Sep 2012

Awards Showcase

As far as i know yea. Tho i think in HxH Killua is/was stronger than Gon but not sure.
    Really? But, wasn't Naruto inspired by HxH in many ways?

Status
    Dec 2011
    #MAVSNATION✔

Really? But, wasn't Naruto inspired by HxH in many ways?
    I think so. Kinds remember someone saying Sasuke was based off of Hiei also. Not sure if it's legit or not tho.

Status
    Jul 2014
    Sarada

Awards Showcase

I think so. Kinds remember someone saying Sasuke was based off of Hiei also. Not sure if it's legit or not tho.
    It is.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/...?useskin=oasis

Which is cool, considering Hiei was already my second fav manga/anime character of all time before i even found this out.

Status
    Dec 2011
    #MAVSNATION✔

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto X Hunter View Post
    It is.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/...?useskin=oasis

Which is cool, considering Hiei was already my second fav manga/anime character of all time before i even found this out.
    Hiei was like my 2nd favorite character. Yoko/Kurama was #1

Status
    Jul 2014
    Sarada

Awards Showcase

This was one of the best battles in the series. Really showed off how great of a Shinobi Sasuke is. A fantastic display of his Intelligence, Speed, Strength, Summonings, Ninja tool usage, Lightning style, Curse Seal, & Genjutsu. He completely outsmarted & outclassed Deidara, even though Deidara had multiple advantages over him (even more than Sasuke had of him).

Advantages

- Deidara had the element of surprise, preplanned strategies, preplanned counters, intel on his abilities, plus Tobi’s help. Whilst Sasuke had none of that, and learned everything in battle while having two opponents to deal with alone. He still outsmarted & defeated him.

– Element of Surprise – they went out that day specifically to confront and battle him. Whereas Sasuke had no idea would be facing them that day.

– Intel – He knew Sasuke was an Uchiha, wields the Sharingan, and the Fire element.

– Preplanned Strategies – Deidara had Tobi set up land mines from below whilst he attacked from the sky above.

– Preplanned counter – from having easily been defeated by Itachi years earlier, Deidara developed a counter against Sharingan Genjutsu.

- Sasuke already had the reverse summoning in mind as an option he could use to evade explosions.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...62-page-2.html

He summoned Manda and forcefully controlled him. That's a big difference to Deidara who had Tobi of his own free will helping him. Plus Sasuke came up with his plans in battle unlike Deidara.

- Furthermore, Here's a page from the third databook which covers volumes 28-43, which is the beginning of Part two til when Sasuke first awakens the Mangekyo. Meaning this databook completely and only covered Hebi Sasuke.

http://i.imgur.com/TXNglXv.png

- Deidara is a few years older and Sasuke is already able to compete & defeat him at 16. He'd definitely be able to do even better had he been his age.

- Deidara was forced to rely on his ultimate technique (at the cost of his life) whilst Sasuke wasn't (Kirin). Infact he didn't use a single fire technique.

Typical complaints - "Sasuke ran out of chakra".

- Deidara merely assumed he was out of chakra.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...61-page-2.html

He deosn't have Dōjutsu to actually see it. This/the next page.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...0-page-21.html

But he can confirm how much chakra he (himself) has.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...61-page-4.html

Sasuke never said that he didn't have any chakra (although he can see how much Deidara has left). He already had the reverse summoning in mind as an option he could use to evade explosions. So obviously he would conserve chakra to make sure he could utilize it if needed.

Furthermore, Sasuke specifically absorbed Orochimaru so he could acquire his power. He could perform the Summoning technique on his own but at times during the Hebi period he may have used Orochimaru's power to bring out the snakes.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...46-page-7.html

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...65-page-8.html

Also, he used a portion of his chakra to keep Orochimaru suppressed. If he ever ran out then he would be unleashed as he was when Sasuke fought Itachi.

http://i.imgur.com/BW2v0VX.png

If anything you should be poking at how Deidara was even capable of creating such a large explosion, that rivals a Bijudama, with little to no chakra left. Rather than how Sasuke survived it.

Typical complaint #2 - Sasuke didn't have enough time to counter the final explosion.

Speed & Snakes.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...24-page-1.html

Great foreshadowing to Hebi Sasuke.

Look at this/the next two pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...9-page-13.html

Before the battle Sasuke had already shown that he is very quick, well above the norm. Able to perform multiple actions in the blink of an eye with absolute ease (traveled across a great distance so quick that Sakura couldn't see, blitzing to that Curse Seal user, slashing him 6 times, & getting a distance away before he could even react). The databook backs this up.

Throughout his battle against Deidara, the entire time he had been countering his explosions - able to react quick enough to counter by visually perceiving them ahead of time, physically evading them, & performing the summoning technique to use Snakes to shield himself. With the Snakes being shown to be durable enough to withstand the attacks.

This page/the rest of the chapter.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...56-page-9.html

^Seemingly countered the above without even moving.

This/the next few pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...57-page-7.html

Tobi comments on his speed. Saying he's too fast for them. Deidara tosses a bomb in close range whilst Sasuke is mid-air. Sasuke still evades it unharmed. Deidara then states that Tobi's right.

This/the next few pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...58-page-6.html

Deidara launches a missle - Sasuke evades, he then comments on his speed again.

^^^^All this coincides with the ending where Sasuke reacted quick enough to summon Manda to shield himself.

Speed is his Forte.

This/the next few pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...87-page-4.html

Against Itachi he summoned & threw a ton of Shuriken within seconds.

When he attacked that Curse Seal user, that in and of itself was enough to prove you wrong. I didn't even need to post the additional facts.

Last edited by Naruto X Hunter; 03-24-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Nothing gives one person so
    much advantage over another as
    to remain always cool and
    unruffled under all
    circumstances.

At everyone saying it was asspull but not giving reason. Sasuke vs Deidara was top 5 fight in Shippuden.
    They say asspull because of the end. Deidara stated Sasuke was low on chakra because he deactivated his sharingan. But what they fail to realize Sasuke never said he was out of chakra.

Status
    Sep 2012

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto X Hunter View Post
    This was one of the best battles in the series. Really showed off how great of a Shinobi Sasuke is. A fantastic display of his Intelligence, Speed, Strength, Summonings, Ninja tool usage, Lightning style, Curse Seal, & Genjutsu. He completely outsmarted & outclassed Deidara, even though Deidara had multiple advantages over him (even more than Sasuke had of him).

Advantages

- Deidara had the element of surprise, preplanned strategies, preplanned counters, intel on his abilities, plus Tobi’s help. Whilst Sasuke had none of that, and learned everything in battle while having two opponents to deal with alone. He still outsmarted & defeated Deidara.

– Element of Surprise – they went out that day specifically to confront and battle him. Whereas Sasuke had no idea would be facing them that day.

– Intel – He knew Sasuke was an Uchiha, wields the Sharingan, and the Fire element.

– Preplanned Strategies – Deidara had Tobi set up land mines from below whilst he attacked from the sky above.

– Preplanned counter – from having easily been defeated by Itachi years earlier, Deidara developed a counter against Sharingan Genjutsu.

He didn't even use a single Fire technique.

- Sasuke already had the reverse summoning in mind as an option he could use to evade explosions.

He summoned Manda and forcefully controlled him. That's a big difference to Deidara who had Tobi of his own free will helping him. Plus Sasuke came up with his plans in battle unlike Deidara.

- Furthermore, Here's a page from the third databook which covers volumes 28-43, which is the beginning of Part two til when Sasuke first awakens the Mangekyo. Meaning this databook completely and only covered Hebi Sasuke.

- Deidara is a few years older and Sasuke is already able to compete & defeat him at 16. He'd definitely be able to do even better had he been his age.

- Deidara was forced to rely on his ultimate technique (at the cost of his life) whilst Sasuke wasn't (Kirin). Infact he didn't use a single fire technique.

Typical complaints - "Sasuke ran out of chakra".

- Deidara merely assumed he was out of chakra.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...61-page-2.html

He deosn't have Dōjutsu to actually see it. This/the next page.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...0-page-21.html

But he can confirm how much chakra he (himself) has.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...61-page-4.html

Sasuke never said that he didn't have any chakra (although he can see how much Deidara has left). He already had the reverse summoning in mind as an option he could use to evade explosions. So obviously he would conserve chakra to make sure he could utilize it if needed.

Furthermore, Sasuke specifically absorbed Orochimaru so he could acquire his power. He could perform the Summoning technique on his own but at times during the Hebi period he may have used Orochimaru's power to bring out the snakes.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...46-page-7.html

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...65-page-8.html

Also, he used a portion of his chakra to keep Orochimaru suppressed. If he ever ran out then he would be unleashed as he was when Sasuke fought Itachi.

http://i.imgur.com/BW2v0VX.png

If anything you should be poking at how Deidara was even capable of creating such a large explosion, that rivals a Bijudama, with little to no chakra left. Rather than how Sasuke survived it.

Typical complaint #2 - Sasuke didn't have enough time to counter the final explosion.

Speed & Snakes.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...24-page-1.html

Great foreshadowing to Hebi Sasuke.

Look at this/the next two pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...9-page-13.html

Before the battle Sasuke had already shown that he is very quick, well above the norm. Able to perform multiple actions in the blink of an eye with absolute ease (traveled across a great distance so quick that Sakura couldn't see, blitizing to that Curse Seal user, slashing him 6 times, & getting a distance away before he could even react). The databook backs this up.

Throughout his battle against Deidara, the entire time he had been countering his explosions - able to react quick enough to counter by visually perceiving them ahead of time, physically evading them, & performing the summoning technique to use Snakes to shield himself. With the Snakes being shown to be durable enough to withstand the attacks.

This page/the rest of the chapter.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...56-page-9.html

^Seemingly countered the above without even moving.

This/the next few pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...57-page-7.html

Tobi comments on his speed. Saying he's too fast for them. Deidara tosses a bomb in close range whilst Sasuke is mid-air. Sasuke still evades it unharmed. Deidara then states that Tobi's right.

This/the next few pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...58-page-6.html

Deidara launches a missle - Sasuke evades, he then comments on his speed again.

^^^^All this coincides with the ending where Sasuke reacted quick enough to summon Manda to shield himself.

Speed is his Forte.

This/the next few pages.

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online...87-page-4.html

Against Itachi he summoned & threw a ton of Shuriken within seconds.

When he attacked that Curse Seal user, that in and of itself was enough to prove you wrong. I didn't even need to post the additional facts.
    Let it be known that these are hypersonic shockwaves and Sasuke dodged them at pointblank range without a scartch on him when he wasn't even using CS2 more than half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by iFlowMotion View Post
    They say asspull because of the end. Deidara stated Sasuke was low on chakra because he deactivated his sharingan. But what they fail to realize Sasuke never said he was out of chakra.
    But, he doesn't say it in the original translation.

Last edited by shelke; 03-24-2017 at 05:27 PM.