Re: The last episodes explain why Sasuke hasn't/won't return home.
Sasuke made it clear that he was that type of person in Chapter 699, which would probably be Adult Sasuke or Redemption Arc Sasuke, I'd assume.
Originally Posted by Vulpini
He states that:
- He begins to understand the feeling of being a brother to Naruto despite not being directly related.
- He travels a lot, and despite not being in Konohagakure, he recalls the memories of the past a lot.
- He states that we were all children starved of loved in a world of hate
- He begins to recall Naruto's efforts to never give up on him, and that pain begins to swallow him too, so he understands Naruto even more.
- As his journey takes him across the world, he begins to notice that these emotions are connected with everyone in the World
- And these connections have more to do than just 'us' (Himself and Naruto), and that he'll keep moving forward, because he was entrusted with hope.
Based on the dialogue it's pretty clear that Sasuke is the person you explained in your OP as Necromancer said. Even more so