Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Facts > You. scorezor's Avatar

    Status
    scorezor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,036
    Location
    Portugal
    in life itself we never die,
    we just respawn.
     

    Awards Showcase


    opinions

    what are your opinion about liars?

    what are your opinion about people that only spout excuses... ?
     
         

  2. #2
    Eternal Dawn Lightbringer's Avatar

    Status
    Lightbringer is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12,621
    Location
    Avalon
    Praise the Sun!
     

    Re: opinions

    They turn me on.
     
         

  3. #3
    Facts > You. scorezor's Avatar

    Status
    scorezor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,036
    Location
    Portugal
    in life itself we never die,
    we just respawn.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    They turn me on.
    ahhahaahha xD
     
         

  4. #4
    Mavs Nation Decimo Vongola's Avatar

    Status
    Decimo Vongola is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,923
    #MAVSNATION✔
     

    Re: opinions

    If all they do is lie they'll get these hands cuz that ish is annoying. If it's a little lie it's meh.
     
         

  5. #5
    Facts > You. scorezor's Avatar

    Status
    scorezor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,036
    Location
    Portugal
    in life itself we never die,
    we just respawn.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Decimo Vongola View Post
    If all they do is lie they'll get these hands cuz that ish is annoying. If it's a little lie it's meh.
    and if they get caught , even if it's small ,and they continue to lie?
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member Calpal's Avatar

    Status
    Calpal is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,415
    Location
    Battle creek, Michigan. *****.
    The unholy offspring of
    Lightning and Death itself.
     

    Re: opinions

    they reap the repercussions of their actions.
    its not my place to actually judge someone based on their lies.
    everyone always has a reason
     
         

  7. #7
    Cᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ʙᴏᴅɪᴇs sɪɴᴄᴇ 1765 fiji's Avatar

    Status
    fiji is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,989
    Location
    Upstate New York
    I've been hungry all my life.
    Starved to the bone.
     

    Re: opinions

    I only have problems with pathological liars; people who constantly lie with ulterior motives of manipulating others and making personal gain. People who lie about shit like how great their lives are to try and impress you, or lie about how shitty their lives are to gain sympathy from you.

    You know they're a pathological liar when they manifest a lie and eventually believe it's true even after exposing it to be false. Those people are the scum of the earth
     
         

  8. #8
    Mavs Nation Decimo Vongola's Avatar

    Status
    Decimo Vongola is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,923
    #MAVSNATION✔
     

    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by scorezor View Post
    and if they get caught , even if it's small ,and they continue to lie?
    Depends on who lol. And if they lie like a little fib then wouldn't matter imo. But if it's a big lie then that's when they're done in my life lol.
     
         

  9. #9
    is carbon based. Jean Grey's Avatar

    Status
    Jean Grey is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,019
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by fiji View Post
    I only have problems with pathological liars; people who constantly lie with ulterior motives of manipulating others and making personal gain. People who lie about shit like how great their lives are to try and impress you, or lie about how shitty their lives are to gain sympathy from you.

    You know they're a pathological liar when they manifest a lie and eventually believe it's true even after exposing it to be false. Those people are the scum of the earth
    I will add people, who make up some story about some stranger's persona/ life and tell that cooked up story to others claiming it to be a proven fact to feel better about themselves in some way, to that list.
     
         

  10. #10
    Kage YowYan's Avatar

    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14,279
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    push and cruise
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by fiji View Post
    I only have problems with pathological liars; people who constantly lie with ulterior motives of manipulating others and making personal gain. People who lie about shit like how great their lives are to try and impress you, or lie about how shitty their lives are to gain sympathy from you.

    You know they're a pathological liar when they manifest a lie and eventually believe it's true even after exposing it to be false. Those people are the scum of the earth
    Went through some crazy drama with a few those.
     
         

  11. #11
    NB Psychologist Callypigia's Avatar

    Status
    Callypigia is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,877
    Location
    Mountains
    If you don't know where you
    are going, any road can take
    you there.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    The severity and frequency of lying is definitely on a continuum. People who chronically lie about superfluous matters don't really annoy me that much (i.e., "I have all those movies on BlueRay." - um...no you don't). People who lie about serious matters all the time are toxic, and I don't want them in my life. Sometimes you have to look at the intention as well. Are they usually honest, but just didn't want to hurt your feelings?

    I specialize in dual diagnosis treatment (substance abuse in conjunction with thought/mood disorders), and over the years have worked with many addicts. Lying and excuses are typical; usually before they get clean. Even with these expectations, it can still be frustrating to watch people continuously make unhealthy decisions and waste their potential. If I had a dollar for every time I told someone, "shit or get off the toilet," I'd be able to retire early. Excuses are a reflection of where that person is in their life, and what they are trying to avoid. Change is difficult, especially if you have some core belief that you are a failure. Excuses are still a peeve of mine though. I believe people are responsible for their behavior (the good and the bad). If you made a mistake, just own it, apologize, and at best try to learn and change the behavior.
     
         

  12. #12
    Facts > You. scorezor's Avatar

    Status
    scorezor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,036
    Location
    Portugal
    in life itself we never die,
    we just respawn.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Callypigia View Post
    The severity and frequency of lying is definitely on a continuum. People who chronically lie about superfluous matters don't really annoy me that much (i.e., "I have all those movies on BlueRay." - um...no you don't). People who lie about serious matters all the time are toxic, and I don't want them in my life. Sometimes you have to look at the intention as well. Are they usually honest, but just didn't want to hurt your feelings?

    I specialize in dual diagnosis treatment (substance abuse in conjunction with thought/mood disorders), and over the years have worked with many addicts. Lying and excuses are typical; usually before they get clean. Even with these expectations, it can still be frustrating to watch people continuously make unhealthy decisions and waste their potential. If I had a dollar for every time I told someone, "shit or get off the toilet," I'd be able to retire early. Excuses are a reflection of where that person is in their life, and what they are trying to avoid. Change is difficult, especially if you have some core belief that you are a failure. Excuses are still a peeve of mine though. I believe people are responsible for their behavior (the good and the bad). If you made a mistake, just own it, apologize, and at best try to learn and change the behavior.
    you're right about that last part.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Deathwink's Avatar

    Status
    Deathwink is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8,973
    Location
    some coffee shop
    You got me smoking cigarettes,
    I'm in stress, baby.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    They turn me off

    Jk pls lie to me i need it
     
         

  14. #14
    Howlett's Avatar

    Status
    Howlett is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56,269
    Location
    The road so far.
    So this is what it feels like.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwink View Post
    They turn me off

    Jk pls lie to me i need it
    Let me lie to you daddy
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member Deathwink's Avatar

    Status
    Deathwink is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8,973
    Location
    some coffee shop
    You got me smoking cigarettes,
    I'm in stress, baby.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlett View Post
    Let me lie to you daddy
    yes pls, my dear son
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •