3: MacNeato with Black Panther

4: xmiso with Hinata Misses Neji

Voting Rules:

• No Voting for yourself
    • No Asking for people to vote for your work
    • No getting on alternative accounts to vote for yourself
    • No saying mine is better than their
    • Any breaking of any of the rules can result in disqualification
    • Advertising the contest-poll with VM/PM's or in any other way is forbidden

Good luck everyone and don't forget to vote for the the best artwork and not for your friends ^x^

Prophetic Troll Slayer🌸🌸🌸

Status
    May 2013
    You had no problem with the
    shirtless Hinata

Awards Showcase

Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

Femme's Constructive Critique

As an art connoisseur, I must say the technique used on the Black panther portrait is executed it rather well. The harsh white lights on the body are kind of distracting , but it's an over all good piece.
    Bravo!

The piece Beauty is nice and simple, I'm loving the monochromatic vibe you choose to use, and the sketchy yet shaded quality is rather lovely. I do believe that introducing darker tones in this portrait but have emphasized the face more, you know using chiaroscuro.

The Hinata Piece is nice, I love the doll-like quality to her, nice digital artwork.the hair reads as hair, and the minimalistic background is very Hallmark like. I love the usage of read tones on the nosed and joints , it created a cold atmosphere .
    Suggestion, play around with the soft light layer to emphasize shadow, draw the shadow in black and change the layer to soft life and blend it to your liking, also, I would suggest coloring over the figure with bluish colors and then convert in the layer to and overlay to give the body a more cool tone, and play around with the transparency on that layer to help. But nice for someone so young.

Konoha. I love this style, I love how you changed the universe and all. It's a clean design, nice usages of color pencil. I like the anatomy overall, but I feel like you can empahasive the foreshortening on Naruto a little more with uasages of shadow, so that it would work more. I almost want to see some varies tones in skin from them, but over all nicely done.

I'm proud of you all.

Last edited by FemmeFatale; 07-09-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Status
    Jun 2017
    Talent: cooking semi-edible
    meals

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post

As an art connoisseur, I must say the technique used on the Black panther portrait is executed it rather well. The harsh white lights on the body are kind of distracting , but it's an over all good piece.
    Bravo!

The piece Beauty is nice and simple, I'm loving the monochromatic vibe you choose to use, and the sketchy yet shaded quality is rather lovely. I do believe that introducing darker tones in this portrait but have emphasized the face more, you know using chiaroscuro.

The Hinata Piece is nice, I love the doll-like quality to her, nice digital artwork.the hair reads as hair, and the minimalistic background is very Hallmark like. I love the usage of read tones on the nosed and joints , it created a cold atmosphere .
    Suggestion, play around with the soft light layer to emphasize shadow, draw the shadow in black and change the layer to soft life and blend it to your liking, also, I would suggest coloring over the figure with bluish colors and then convert in the layer to and overlay to give the body a more cool tone, and play around with the transparency on that layer to help. But nice for someone so young.

Konoha. I love this style, I love how you changed the universe and all. It's a clean design, nice usages of color pencil. I like the anatomy overall, but I feel like you can empahasive the foreshortening on Naruto a little more with uasages of shadow, so that it would work more. I almost want to see some varies tones in skin from them, but over all nicely done.

I'm proud of you all.
    I think that's the nicest thing you've said on this forum. Thank you

Prophetic Troll Slayer🌸🌸🌸

Status
    May 2013
    You had no problem with the
    shirtless Hinata

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by xmiso View Post
    I think that's the nicest thing you've said on this forum. Thank you
    I figured that I give you all something to work on for next time.
    So that you all can strive to be the great artist I know you all can be.
    And it doesn't help to learn a few tricks along the way.

Status
    May 2013
    I don't have the ability to
    distinguish trolls. Be a lamb
    and help me by not being one.

Awards Showcase

Bravo!

I'm proud of you all.
    I appreciate your words Femme.

Status
    It feels SO GOOD to be BAD

Awards Showcase

Really nice submissions

Status
    Oct 2014
    This is final good bye . Thank
    you NB :)

Quote Originally Posted by HyuugaHeir View Post
    I appreciate your words Femme.
    Have to agree she draws really well . Have to appreciate this her works are good.

Psychedelic Punk Jazzy Stardust's Avatar

Status
    Sonically Sound

Awards Showcase

honestly none of these did anything for me. i could sit here and point out every flaw but that wont help. its style wars out here, theres this famed German/Swiss surrealist artist from the 30's, Meret Oppenheim. she literally put fur on a tea set and it sold for millions and went into museums and is a world famous piece, its not really about technicality... though that can also be a part your style...but anyways

what i expect out of myself and others isnt the same for everyone though and we all have different eyes. im not voting for any of these but good luck all. also theyre not bad....but im not gonna pretend i like them, that wouldnt help anyone

Status
    Jun 2014
    its hot. drink water. take
    care of yourselves.

Awards Showcase

Bravo!

I'm proud of you all.
    Thanks a bunch!

Status
    This user has a status.

Awards Showcase

I can't see the "Beauty" pic

Edit: I can see it now

Last edited by Kingu; 07-10-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Status
    Jul 2008
    This user has no status.

Awards Showcase

I like the Konoha no basuke drawing and as I look at Beauty it looks more and more interesting. The black panther is cool and Hynata has a nice expression. Very nice work and hard to choose between them.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Remorseful Madness

Awards Showcase

wow...

Status
    This user has a status.

Awards Showcase

The problem I have with the beauty pic is that the nose is off, it's facing in the wrong direction you can tell by just following the bridge of the nose that you highlighted.

Status
    Dec 2015
    Mostly gone...

Awards Showcase

Wow, wow, wow we're accepting digital art now? Might actually apply if so.

MacNeato has my vote. The rest ain't bad but they aren't real competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Stardust View Post
    honestly none of these did anything for me. i could sit here and point out every flaw but that wont help. its style wars out here, theres this famed German/Swiss surrealist artist from the 30's, Meret Oppenheim. she literally put fur on a tea set and it sold for millions and went into museums and is a world famous piece, its not really about technicality... though that can also be a part your style...but anyways

what i expect out of myself and others isnt the same for everyone though and we all have different eyes. im not voting for any of these but good luck all. also theyre not bad....but im not gonna pretend i like them, that wouldnt help anyone
    Even if all the entries are bad you can vote for the least bad one...

Status
    Jun 2017
    meals

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by LaGrim View Post
    Wow, wow, wow we're accepting digital art now? Might actually apply if so.
    Digital art was never denied in the first place.

Psychedelic Punk Jazzy Stardust's Avatar

Status
    Sonically Sound

Awards Showcase

Even if all the entries are bad you can vote for the least bad one...
    I could do a lot of things, but i rather do what i want....you would think a pirate fan would get that concept

Status
    Dec 2015
    Mostly gone...

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by xmiso View Post
    Digital art was never denied in the first place.
    They were explicitly forbidden when I asked Caliburn way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Stardust View Post
    I could do a lot of things, but i rather do what i want....you would think a pirate fan would get that concept
    This pirate be well aware of it mate. Pointing out the possibility, even if for mere dismissal, so as to not hinder one's freedom. You do what you want but at an opportune moment, after seeing all the glory you could dismiss - now that's a pirate's life.

Status
    Jun 2017
    meals

Awards Showcase

They were explicitly forbidden when I asked Caliburn way back.
    Oh, maybe it changed, because the rules are different now. He said that graphic art will be discussed with him.