View Poll Results: Art Contest:

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • HyuugaHeir

    2 14.29%
  • SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI

    3 21.43%
  • MacNeato

    5 35.71%
  • xmiso

    4 28.57%
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar

    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,272
    Location
    Zou
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Art Contest of the Month
    [June 2017]

    ~VOTING~


    Submissions:

    1: HyuugaHeir with Konoha no Basuke


    2: SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI with Beauty


    3: MacNeato with Black Panther


    4: xmiso with Hinata Misses Neji



    Voting Rules:

    • No Voting for yourself
    • No Asking for people to vote for your work
    • No getting on alternative accounts to vote for yourself
    • No saying mine is better than their
    • Any breaking of any of the rules can result in disqualification
    • Advertising the contest-poll with VM/PM's or in any other way is forbidden


    Good luck everyone and don't forget to vote for the the best artwork and not for your friends ^x^
     
         

  2. #2
    Prophetic Troll Slayer🌸🌸🌸

    Status
    FemmeFatale is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,674
    Location
    Spirit Realm
    You had no problem with the
    shirtless Hinata
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting


    Femme's Constructive Critique

    As an art connoisseur, I must say the technique used on the Black panther portrait is executed it rather well. The harsh white lights on the body are kind of distracting , but it's an over all good piece.
    Bravo!

    The piece Beauty is nice and simple, I'm loving the monochromatic vibe you choose to use, and the sketchy yet shaded quality is rather lovely. I do believe that introducing darker tones in this portrait but have emphasized the face more, you know using chiaroscuro.

    The Hinata Piece is nice, I love the doll-like quality to her, nice digital artwork.the hair reads as hair, and the minimalistic background is very Hallmark like. I love the usage of read tones on the nosed and joints , it created a cold atmosphere .
    Suggestion, play around with the soft light layer to emphasize shadow, draw the shadow in black and change the layer to soft life and blend it to your liking, also, I would suggest coloring over the figure with bluish colors and then convert in the layer to and overlay to give the body a more cool tone, and play around with the transparency on that layer to help. But nice for someone so young.

    Konoha. I love this style, I love how you changed the universe and all. It's a clean design, nice usages of color pencil. I like the anatomy overall, but I feel like you can empahasive the foreshortening on Naruto a little more with uasages of shadow, so that it would work more. I almost want to see some varies tones in skin from them, but over all nicely done.

    I'm proud of you all.
     
         
    Last edited by FemmeFatale; 07-09-2017 at 07:27 PM.

  3. #3
    ♑️ Misо's Avatar

    Status
    Misо is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,169
    Location
    under your bed
    Talent: cooking semi-edible
    meals
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post

    Femme's Constructive Critique

    As an art connoisseur, I must say the technique used on the Black panther portrait is executed it rather well. The harsh white lights on the body are kind of distracting , but it's an over all good piece.
    Bravo!

    The piece Beauty is nice and simple, I'm loving the monochromatic vibe you choose to use, and the sketchy yet shaded quality is rather lovely. I do believe that introducing darker tones in this portrait but have emphasized the face more, you know using chiaroscuro.

    The Hinata Piece is nice, I love the doll-like quality to her, nice digital artwork.the hair reads as hair, and the minimalistic background is very Hallmark like. I love the usage of read tones on the nosed and joints , it created a cold atmosphere .
    Suggestion, play around with the soft light layer to emphasize shadow, draw the shadow in black and change the layer to soft life and blend it to your liking, also, I would suggest coloring over the figure with bluish colors and then convert in the layer to and overlay to give the body a more cool tone, and play around with the transparency on that layer to help. But nice for someone so young.

    Konoha. I love this style, I love how you changed the universe and all. It's a clean design, nice usages of color pencil. I like the anatomy overall, but I feel like you can empahasive the foreshortening on Naruto a little more with uasages of shadow, so that it would work more. I almost want to see some varies tones in skin from them, but over all nicely done.

    I'm proud of you all.
    I think that's the nicest thing you've said on this forum. Thank you
     
         

  4. #4
    Prophetic Troll Slayer🌸🌸🌸

    Status
    FemmeFatale is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,674
    Location
    Spirit Realm
    You had no problem with the
    shirtless Hinata
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by xmiso View Post
    I think that's the nicest thing you've said on this forum. Thank you
    I figured that I give you all something to work on for next time.
    So that you all can strive to be the great artist I know you all can be.
    And it doesn't help to learn a few tricks along the way.
     
         

  5. #5
    Hyuuga Royalty ☯ HyuugaHeir's Avatar

    Status
    HyuugaHeir is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,270
    Location
    Dismal
    I don't have the ability to
    distinguish trolls. Be a lamb
    and help me by not being one.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post

    Femme's Constructive Critique

    As an art connoisseur, I must say the technique used on the Black panther portrait is executed it rather well. The harsh white lights on the body are kind of distracting , but it's an over all good piece.
    Bravo!

    The piece Beauty is nice and simple, I'm loving the monochromatic vibe you choose to use, and the sketchy yet shaded quality is rather lovely. I do believe that introducing darker tones in this portrait but have emphasized the face more, you know using chiaroscuro.

    The Hinata Piece is nice, I love the doll-like quality to her, nice digital artwork.the hair reads as hair, and the minimalistic background is very Hallmark like. I love the usage of read tones on the nosed and joints , it created a cold atmosphere .
    Suggestion, play around with the soft light layer to emphasize shadow, draw the shadow in black and change the layer to soft life and blend it to your liking, also, I would suggest coloring over the figure with bluish colors and then convert in the layer to and overlay to give the body a more cool tone, and play around with the transparency on that layer to help. But nice for someone so young.

    Konoha. I love this style, I love how you changed the universe and all. It's a clean design, nice usages of color pencil. I like the anatomy overall, but I feel like you can empahasive the foreshortening on Naruto a little more with uasages of shadow, so that it would work more. I almost want to see some varies tones in skin from them, but over all nicely done.

    I'm proud of you all.
    I appreciate your words Femme.
     
         

  6. #6
    Kami Nagato The God's Avatar

    Status
    Nagato The God is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    606
    Location
    US
    It feels SO GOOD to be BAD
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Really nice submissions
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Status
    Yonko Shanks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,520
    Location
    Our Glorious Den
    This is final good bye . Thank
    you NB :)
     

    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by HyuugaHeir View Post
    I appreciate your words Femme.
    Have to agree she draws really well . Have to appreciate this her works are good.
     
         

  8. #8
    Psychedelic Punk Jazzy Stardust's Avatar

    Status
    Jazzy Stardust is offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,048
    Location
    inHarmony
    Sonically Sound
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    honestly none of these did anything for me. i could sit here and point out every flaw but that wont help. its style wars out here, theres this famed German/Swiss surrealist artist from the 30's, Meret Oppenheim. she literally put fur on a tea set and it sold for millions and went into museums and is a world famous piece, its not really about technicality... though that can also be a part your style...but anyways

    what i expect out of myself and others isnt the same for everyone though and we all have different eyes. im not voting for any of these but good luck all. also theyre not bad....but im not gonna pretend i like them, that wouldnt help anyone
     
         

  9. #9
    Member MacNeato's Avatar

    Status
    MacNeato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    479
    Location
    The Pure World
    its hot. drink water. take
    care of yourselves.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post

    Femme's Constructive Critique

    As an art connoisseur, I must say the technique used on the Black panther portrait is executed it rather well. The harsh white lights on the body are kind of distracting , but it's an over all good piece.
    Bravo!

    The piece Beauty is nice and simple, I'm loving the monochromatic vibe you choose to use, and the sketchy yet shaded quality is rather lovely. I do believe that introducing darker tones in this portrait but have emphasized the face more, you know using chiaroscuro.

    The Hinata Piece is nice, I love the doll-like quality to her, nice digital artwork.the hair reads as hair, and the minimalistic background is very Hallmark like. I love the usage of read tones on the nosed and joints , it created a cold atmosphere .
    Suggestion, play around with the soft light layer to emphasize shadow, draw the shadow in black and change the layer to soft life and blend it to your liking, also, I would suggest coloring over the figure with bluish colors and then convert in the layer to and overlay to give the body a more cool tone, and play around with the transparency on that layer to help. But nice for someone so young.

    Konoha. I love this style, I love how you changed the universe and all. It's a clean design, nice usages of color pencil. I like the anatomy overall, but I feel like you can empahasive the foreshortening on Naruto a little more with uasages of shadow, so that it would work more. I almost want to see some varies tones in skin from them, but over all nicely done.

    I'm proud of you all.
    Thanks a bunch!
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Kingu's Avatar

    Status
    Kingu is online now
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,898
    Location
    Earth
    This user has a status.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    I can't see the "Beauty" pic


    Edit: I can see it now
     
         
    Last edited by Kingu; 07-10-2017 at 05:46 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Michelle's Avatar

    Status
    Michelle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,439
    This user has no status.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    I like the Konoha no basuke drawing and as I look at Beauty it looks more and more interesting. The black panther is cool and Hynata has a nice expression. Very nice work and hard to choose between them.
     
         

  12. #12
    Nocturne's Avatar

    Status
    Nocturne is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,005
    Location
    House Targaryen!
    Remorseful Madness
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    wow...
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Kingu's Avatar

    Status
    Kingu is online now
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,898
    Location
    Earth
    This user has a status.
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    The problem I have with the beauty pic is that the nose is off, it's facing in the wrong direction you can tell by just following the bridge of the nose that you highlighted.
     
         

  14. #14
    scarcely active LaGrim's Avatar

    Status
    LaGrim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,608
    Mostly gone...
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Wow, wow, wow we're accepting digital art now? Might actually apply if so.

    MacNeato has my vote. The rest ain't bad but they aren't real competition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Stardust View Post
    honestly none of these did anything for me. i could sit here and point out every flaw but that wont help. its style wars out here, theres this famed German/Swiss surrealist artist from the 30's, Meret Oppenheim. she literally put fur on a tea set and it sold for millions and went into museums and is a world famous piece, its not really about technicality... though that can also be a part your style...but anyways

    what i expect out of myself and others isnt the same for everyone though and we all have different eyes. im not voting for any of these but good luck all. also theyre not bad....but im not gonna pretend i like them, that wouldnt help anyone
    Even if all the entries are bad you can vote for the least bad one...
     
         

  15. #15
    ♑️ Misо's Avatar

    Status
    Misо is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,169
    Location
    under your bed
    Talent: cooking semi-edible
    meals
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by LaGrim View Post
    Wow, wow, wow we're accepting digital art now? Might actually apply if so.
    Digital art was never denied in the first place.
     
         

  16. #16
    Psychedelic Punk Jazzy Stardust's Avatar

    Status
    Jazzy Stardust is offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,048
    Location
    inHarmony
    Sonically Sound
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by LaGrim View Post
    Even if all the entries are bad you can vote for the least bad one...
    I could do a lot of things, but i rather do what i want....you would think a pirate fan would get that concept
     
         

  17. #17
    scarcely active LaGrim's Avatar

    Status
    LaGrim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,608
    Mostly gone...
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by xmiso View Post
    Digital art was never denied in the first place.
    They were explicitly forbidden when I asked Caliburn way back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Stardust View Post
    I could do a lot of things, but i rather do what i want....you would think a pirate fan would get that concept
    This pirate be well aware of it mate. Pointing out the possibility, even if for mere dismissal, so as to not hinder one's freedom. You do what you want but at an opportune moment, after seeing all the glory you could dismiss - now that's a pirate's life.

     
         

  18. #18
    ♑️ Misо's Avatar

    Status
    Misо is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,169
    Location
    under your bed
    Talent: cooking semi-edible
    meals
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Art Contest of the Month [June 2017] - Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by LaGrim View Post
    They were explicitly forbidden when I asked Caliburn way back.
    Oh, maybe it changed, because the rules are different now. He said that graphic art will be discussed with him.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •