Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Surgeon of Death Valhalla's Avatar

    Status
    Valhalla is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    240
    Location
    UA
    PLUS ULTRA!!!
     

    Need help with what's canon.

    Call me dumb if you wish but is the anime or manga canon or both. Someone told me it is both but the story arcs are completely different in both. Usually one can slightly differ but stay true to the overall arc but the boruto manga seems like a completely different story then the anime.


    Please Help!!!
     
         

  2. #2
    Mavs Nation Styles's Avatar

    Status
    Styles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,847
    #MAVSNATION✔
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    Manga = canon. Anime so far = filler. People trying to compare it to dbs but both anime and manga are showing and doing the same thing arcs and all.
     
         

  3. #3
    I'm sorry. Very Highnata's Avatar

    Status
    Very Highnata is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,483
    Location
    日向
    Bla bla bla
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Need help with what's canon.

     
         

  4. #4
    Obito66 123FIRE's Avatar

    Status
    123FIRE is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,544
    Location
    In a Country where there Peace
    Boruto is not filler nor canon
    it is ONE
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    Both canon both written by the same author
     
         

  5. #5
    The Monkey King Mori Jin's Avatar

    Status
    Mori Jin is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,954
    Location
    SAGE REALM
    Boruto Manga is the only thing
    that's Canon. Boruto anime is
    inconsistent filler.
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    Episodes 8 and 9 apparently. Sarada Gaiden (had quite a few filler scenes, including majority of the Shin vs Sakura fight). The rest of the anime is filler. The Manga is the official story so that's canon.
     
         

  6. #6
    Surgeon of Death Valhalla's Avatar

    Status
    Valhalla is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    240
    Location
    UA
    PLUS ULTRA!!!
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Manga = canon. Anime so far = filler. People trying to compare it to dbs but both anime and manga are showing and doing the same thing arcs and all.
    Thanks for the heads up. I thought the same thing that the manga was canon. But once I called the anime filler people freaked out lol.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dreckerplayer's Avatar

    Status
    Dreckerplayer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,673
    If you use the face of another
    person as your avatar, you're
    a jealous wannabe.Seriously.
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    Guess the anime is mostly fillings. It's mostly fillers, with some stories that will support the future main plot.

    They should've just sticked to making episodes that give hints or support the plots in the manga.Simple..

    lmao "sumire"?"Denki"?And "blah what's his name"?Pure extras due to lack of characters in the manga.

    Most of what's in that anime is just to make up for the lack of material/info in the original manga.

    Precisely what fillers do.Don't know why everyone keeps denying something so self-explanatory and obvious.

    Filling in all the blanks. Now, you have pure fillers, such as the mist arc...pure freelanced fillers, that have nothing to do with anything in the future main plots within the manga.
     
         
    Last edited by Dreckerplayer; 10-12-2017 at 09:10 PM.

  8. #8
    Mavs Nation Styles's Avatar

    Status
    Styles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,847
    #MAVSNATION✔
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I thought the same thing that the manga was canon. But once I called the anime filler people freaked out lol.
    Only a certain few like certain wankers and hardcore filler heads consider it canon. Only canon episodes are Gaiden and episode 8 and 9 since Kishi was involved in creating it.
     
         

  9. #9
    -Master of Fist Ansatsuken's Avatar

    Status
    Ansatsuken is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    22,013
    Location
    Old Temple
    -Raging Demon-
     

    Awards Showcase


    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreckerplayer View Post
    Guess the anime is mostly fillings. It's mostly fillers, with some stories that will support the future main plot.

    They should've just sticked to making episodes that give hints or support the plots in the manga.Simple..

    lmao "sumire"?"Denki"?And "blah what's his name"?Pure extras due to lack of characters in the manga.

    Most of what's in that anime is just to make up for the lack of material/info in the original manga.

    Precisely what fillers do.Don't know why everyone keeps denying something so self-explanatory and obvious.

    Filling in all the blanks. Now, you have pure fillers, such as the mist arc...pure freelanced fillers, that have nothing to do with anything in the future main plots within the manga.
    Precisely.
     
         

  10. #10
    Academy Student
    Status
    JollyMonkeyKingHongViet is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5
    Location
    Trier, Germany
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    I only take the anime half-serious, it feels more like fillers than canon, simply because the academy students seem to have genin-level skills already. Like seriously, remember how Naruto and co. were when they graduated from the academy? Most of them knew only the basic stuff, and they didn't even learn about walking on wall/tree until Kakashi taught them that in the Land of Wave mission, let alone walking on water. Compare that to the academy students in Boruto's generation, they all are learning seriously "advanced stuff", were already tested on walking on wall, already learnt walking, even fighting on water. And all the Kages were like, "kids today aren't as reliable as in the past". Like really? The academy kids of the current generation are doing more sh*t than the average genin of the previous one and y'all think they're worse than ninjas in the past? How?! Just bloody how?! That inconsistency alone makes the anime feel like fillers and not canon.
     
         

  11. #11
    Hiko's Avatar

    -=° Happy New Year! °=-


    Status
    Hiko is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    234
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Need help with what's canon.

    If whats happening isnt in the manga then its filler, they do this to allow the manga ample time to get ahead before entering the canon arcs into the anime.. until the manga adresses what happens in the anime via flashback or honourable mentions then its filler ^^
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •