Status
    Aug 2016
    Don't deflate me inflate me

Awards Showcase

What are your guys thoughts on the Weinstein and Ben Affleck thing

If your not aware what's going on some powerful Hollywood figure has recently been outted for sexual harassment and rape and seems it's been a long running open Hollywood secret.

And Ben Affleck got in trouble for denouncing him when his dirty laundry got out out aswell with sexual harassment he's done and people saying he's known and been silent about Weinsteins and brothers when he knew what they were doing.

It's one of those rare times social media is used for good and don't feel bad he's thrown under the bus since there's actual audio of him doing this.

But as the years progress rape cultures becoming a bigger topic of discussion and as I get older rape cultures looks to me like guy culture. Being a guy we look at girls sexually 24/7 and when your young it doesn't seem like a big deal but as you get older it becomes creepy how thirsty we act for chicks it's normal to get a girl drunk to have sex with or there ways to coerce and pressure a female in none threatening ways. There's this one dude in college I knew that I hanged with this one time and he tried to upskirt girls and I called him out for it he was older than me knew better but didn't see it as a big deal. And those seem like extreme cases but just being dudes we like to test those boundaries most dudes aren't trying physically force females but there's just general things we do or say that put them in uncomfortable situations.

And it's not like we're knowing now it's wrong but whatever you think you can get away with people do and with social media everything comes out into the light a person's voice not easily silenced so alot of the things that use to seem normal fine within circles of guys is being scrutinized.

Status
    Mar 2012
    If you use the face of another
    person as your avatar, you're
    a jealous wannabe.Seriously.

Re: What are your guys thoughts on the Weinstein and Ben Affleck thing

Kinda talking in circles, though.

As far as "guys sexualizing girls 24/7"...well that's just immaturity. I thought kids during puberty had the least restraint.And no everyone isn't a pervert, and sexualizes the human body 24/7...at least not outwardly.That's called indecency, and thinking humans are "at your disposal".Kind of stereotyping the situation...people are distinct.It's not that out of control, as you make it seem.

Predators typically rape/assault people who are clueless and vulnerable...when people aren't around. The perfect opportunities.

If you're careless or associate with the wrong people, things like this can happen to you. You hear these stories about rape, but you never know exactly what's really going on. What you see in the surface "guys slapping girls in the ass"...isn't always what it really looks like.

Hmm...

Guys, in this case, will put on the biggest show...just to convince you.

Last edited by Dreckerplayer; 10-13-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Status
    Jul 2015
    I bet in the history of
    mankind, nobody's done
    anything as terrible as you

Sucks that it went on for so long. The only thing I don't get is how he wasn't outed earlier considering how extensive his list of victims were. I get that they probably didn't wanna get involved in drama but still the fact that it took this long to uncover is disturbing

Status
    Attack on Titan, Tokyo
    Ghoul/Re, Terraformars, Code
    Breaker, Deadman Wonderland
    and Akame Ga Kill= Favorite
    mangas

They trying to hurt his name and the JL movie. This happened a longtime ago and this shit just coming out now ? Come on lol

Status
    Aug 2016

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJhawk View Post
    Sucks that it went on for so long. The only thing I don't get is how he wasn't outed earlier considering how extensive his list of victims were. I get that they probably didn't wanna get involved in drama but still the fact that it took this long to uncover is disturbing
    There's a number of factors some might of been apart of it, some didn't want to mess up what they had going for themselves and just something's that to you are rumors you turn a blind eye to

Before the internet and social media there was a pronounced social hierarchy and celebs were above critic

Quote Originally Posted by -Punk- View Post
    They trying to hurt his name and the JL movie. This happened a longtime ago and this shit just coming out now ? Come on lol
    I don't think it's a smear campaign the boob grab was sexual harassment but having that chick on his lap was flirting even tho it looked cringe to me.

But I think a bigger reason bens getting attacked is for being silent about his brother and Weinstein when they were close.

Last edited by Caliburn; 10-14-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Status
    Am I not a man and a brother?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJhawk View Post
    That's the Hollywood mafia for you. Many celebrities and moguls seem to be aware of the f***** up shit that goes down in the film industry, like sexual exploitation/ coercion, drug abuse, and pedophilia. They seem to keep silent on these issues and actually take steps to prevent these issues from coming to light out of solidarity or out of fear that they will be targeted by higher ups or their dirty secrets will be exposed as well.

I've heard this so many times from people who are living the Hollywood life of fame and fortune, that Hollywood is a f***** up place and the people there are not normal. Charlie Sheen, Dave Chapelle, Cory Feldman, Terry Crews, Ashton Kusher, Tim Allen, etc. just to name a few.

Status
    Aug 2016

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by fiji View Post
    That's the Hollywood mafia for you. Many celebrities and moguls seem to be aware of the f***** up shit that goes down in the film industry, like sexual exploitation/ coercion, drug abuse, and pedophilia. They seem to keep silent on these issues and actually take steps to prevent these issues from coming to light out of solidarity or out of fear that they will be targeted by higher ups or their dirty secrets will be exposed as well.

I've heard this so many times from people who are living the Hollywood life of fame and fortune, that Hollywood is a f***** up place and the people there are not normal. Charlie Sheen, Dave Chapelle, Cory Feldman, Terry Crews, Ashton Kusher, Tim Allen, etc. just to name a few.
    How's face chappelle and Terry crews not normal guys

Status
    Am I not a man and a brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagebee View Post
    How's face chappelle and Terry crews not normal guys
    I'm saying those are some actors that have pointed out that Hollywood is ****ed and isn't filled with normal people. Ex. Cory Feldman has been molested over a decade as a child actor by producers and directors, Dave's has been manipulated into taking OTC drugs by his executives, and Terry Crews has been sexually assaulted by a movie mogul, and they've all spoken out against it.

Status
    Aug 2016

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by fiji View Post
    I'm saying those are some actors that have pointed out that Hollywood is ****ed and isn't filled with normal people. Ex. Cory Feldman has been molested over a decade as a child actor by producers and directors, Dave's has been manipulated into taking OTC drugs by his executives, and Terry Crews has been sexually assaulted by a movie mogul, and they've all spoken out against it.
    Oh okay yeah I agree Hollywood's been allowed to hide there dirty laundry for the longest

Status
    Mar 2014
    Didn't you know? A woman has
    to be tough in order to
    survive - Sakura Haruno

This is Hollywood for you, no one would expose him before because he was under power and they were still rising stars but now that they are all cemented global stars thy can speak out on assaults that’ should have been spoken about years ago. Shame on the disgusting man for abusing his power, ****ing disgusting.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has a status.

Awards Showcase

It was an open secret. PPL knew, but as long as the public didn't it was ok i guess.
    Don't wanna "disturb the peaceful rio"t so to speak.

† The Infamous Jazzy One † Jazzy Stardust's Avatar

Status
    Sonically Sound

Awards Showcase

its not just Hollywood, the whole entertainment industry is scummy on almost every level, underground, in the limelight. im kind of the same in a way...no everyone is terrible though, which are the one you keep close because there are some truly evil people, and a lot of shady characters

its the perfect storm honestly, theres a lot of money and influence and almost everyone who makes it have or will stop at nothing to accomplish and live out there dreams, the general public is so detached to the industry and only look from the outside and have this idea of fame, money and freedom. the illusion is created so well that its the perfect veil to cover a lot of things. nobody wants to go from touring the world playing music or shooting a movie location. to a 9 to 5 job, not after making it as far as you have, no way, people die all the time and nobody knows anything

but im glad more people are getting exposed to this, might calm this fame hungry generation a bit. probably not but people love drama and will ignore it

Status
    Jul 2011
    Truth is all
    humans...regardless of how
    proper and respectable they
    seem to be...all have a
    sadistic side craving for
    bloodlust...Blood and death!

"Virtue Signaling", basically anything mainstream these days.

Acting good and being good are two complete different things.

Harvey went from the biggest white knight to a sex predator...