• Tired
  • wtf

Status
      Aug 2016
      Don't deflate me inflate me

----

Awards Showcase

Fda approves tracking devices to be put in pills

What are your thoughts on the Fda approving for tracking devices to be placed in pills for people with schizophrenia and other mental issues?

Even if you agree with this seems like a slippery slope where it's allowed to be put in anything without our consent.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-ap...153230738.html

Status
      Nov 2011
      when me look like Badass , my
      Enemies will feel so
      Dumbass..so when Tobidara gets
      revealed...REMEMBER ME
      LAUGHTING AT YOUR
      STUPIDITY!!!!!"

Secret

Re: Fda approves tracking devices to be put in pills

why not isn't it not bad..

Status
      This user has yes status.

----

Definitely a slippery slope

Baters gonna Bate chopstickchakra's Avatar

Status
      Jun 2012
      None of this is really
      happening. There is a man.
      With a typewriter. This is all
      part of his crazy imagination

----

Quote Originally Posted by Sagebee View Post
      What are your thoughts on the Fda approving for tracking devices to be placed in pills for people with schizophrenia and other mental issues?

Even if you agree with this seems like a slippery slope where it's allowed to be put in anything without our consent.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-ap...153230738.html

George was right, but I bet he didn't expect it'd be the capitalist not the communist.

Status
      Aug 2016
      Don't deflate me inflate me

----

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchakra View Post

George was right, but I bet he didn't expect it'd be the capitalist not the communist.
      Yup seems privacy will be a thing of the past live it up while you have it

Senior Member sdkljfsdjnsjnoids's Avatar

Status
      Jun 2016
      Sig by SDO and ava by Genocide

----

It's fascism. I hate it.

Goddess

Status
      This user has no status.

No mood

Awards Showcase

I wonder what they would do if they discover that a patient is not taking their pills and doesn't have a caregiver. Will they send them a reminder through their phone? Send someone to their home to make sure they take it? What if they get diagnosed by one doctor who prescribes them the medication but they decide to go to another to make sure of their diagnosis like some people do? Will they still be forced to follow the first doctor's orders? This brings up so many questions that I don't think they thought thoroughly since there is really no clear explanation about why they want to track the consumption of pills. I am guessing the argument in favor would be to prevent tragedies from happening such as cases where a person suffering from schizophrenia kills someone because they forgot to take their pills. It seems more like it is just a scheme for pharmaceutical companies to collect data from consumers. I would have liked to see studies that confirm that tracking the consumption of pills for these psychological disorders does have positive outcomes before this was approved. The article even mentions that it is not known if this will actually improve the patients' ability to take their medication when they are supposed to.

Last edited by Princess Kaguya; 11-14-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Status
      Aug 2012
      I am emperically smarter than
      80% of NB users.

Innocent

We're a few years too late to care now. We've been sliding down this slippery slope for the past four years and it's only going to get worse.

Status
      Mar 2012
      You're not laughing at
      "me", you're
      laughing at the jokes that I
      make of "you".
      Laughing at yourselves,
      really.Rings a bell, doesn't
      it.

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by minamoto View Post
      why not isn't it not bad..
      So you're okay with people being treated like government property.It's very dehumanizing.

It's an invasion of privacy, and a lack of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kaguya View Post
      I wonder what they would do if they discover that a patient is not taking their pills and doesn't have a caregiver. Will they send them a reminder through their phone? Send someone to their home to make sure they take it? What if they get diagnosed by one doctor who prescribes them the medication but they decide to go to another to make sure of their diagnosis like some people do? Will they still be forced to follow the first doctor's orders? This brings up so many questions that I don't think they thought thoroughly since there is really no clear explanation about why they want to track the consumption of pills. I am guessing the argument in favor would be to prevent tragedies from happening such as cases where a person suffering from schizophrenia kills someone because they forgot to take their pills. It seems more like it is just a scheme for pharmaceutical companies to collect data from consumers. I would have liked to see studies that confirm that tracking the consumption of pills for these psychological disorders does have positive outcomes before this was approved. The article even mentions that it is not known if this will actually improve the patients' ability to take their medication when they are supposed to.
      You're basically just giving them ideas.You have to remember some people are misdiagnosed, and what they're doing is called trying to take control over their lives.It's not apprehension, it's lack of respect and control. Human cattle vs Sociopath FDA.

Goddess

Status
      This user has no status.

No mood

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Dreckerplayer View Post

You're basically just giving them ideas.You have to remember some people are misdiagnosed, and what they're doing is called trying to take control over their lives.It's not apprehension, it's lack of respect and control. Human cattle vs Sociopath FDA.
      That's why I mentioned they failed to address many questions and circumstances. I think they are doing this just to get people comfortable with the idea of tracking devices being put in medications in general and not just those that are used by people with psychological disorders. They don't present a concrete reason for doing this because they most likely are simply wanting to allow pharmaceutical companies to obtain data from people. In addition, as you mentioned, it is yet another way to control others and invade their privacy.

Status
      lmao.

Secret

Status
      Mar 2012
      You're not laughing at
      "me", you're
      laughing at the jokes that I
      make of "you".
      Laughing at yourselves,
      really.Rings a bell, doesn't
      it.

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kaguya View Post
      That's why I mentioned they failed to address many questions and circumstances. I think they are doing this just to get people comfortable with the idea of tracking devices being put in medications in general and not just those that are used by people with psychological disorders. They don't present a concrete reason for doing this because they most likely are simply wanting to allow pharmaceutical companies to obtain data from people. In addition, as you mentioned, it is yet another way to control others and invade their privacy.
      I see, it's an excuse, a hidden agenda.

God, this government is starting to get suffocating. I'm not against a world apocalypse, at this point. It's like they're subtly defeating the purpose of living.Shallow people who live by their ego, never see the bigger picture...

FDA are evil people in disguise. It's very disappointing how these sociopaths are sneaking their way to higher positions, and trying to control and dictate everything. This country is a rule book, a piece of material,some kind of game to play, not a place to live...certainly how they see it.And these conspiracy theories don't help, at all.

People call me negative, but at least I say the truth and don't hide my intentions from everyone.Some kind of subtle way for them to gain absolute control...these people are the one's with psychological disorders.Twisted, up-side -down. And you can't tell them anything, because they cleverly use all their resources just to get what they want. They want to deprive everyone of freedom.

There's a point where being "self-righteous" is just being shallow.You wanna protect the "country", as in image, but couldn't care less for the people and their privacy. This is crazy.

You know, it's easy to be the person making all the rules and regulations, but when you're the one in the other persons shoe, it's whole different game. People want to control others, but couldn't be the person getting controlled.No double standard to their way of thinking, when you're in such a position.

Last edited by Dreckerplayer; 11-15-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Status
      Apr 2015
      ツイン

Depressed

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Sagebee View Post
      Yup seems privacy will be a thing of the past live it up while you have it
      Privacy died in the 90s