Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»

Status
    Dec 2017
    Mist Seven Swordsmen

Do you like or hate Sasuke

He has some parts where he is cool. however he was ruined over all.

I ment to make this a poll.

Status
    Jan 2018
    Sakura soloes

Awards Showcase

Re: Do you like or hate Sasuke

Dislike. Not his character itself, but how the story handled him. Naruto should've strangled him & took his eye tbh.

Status
    Dec 2017
    Mist Seven Swordsmen

Quote Originally Posted by Windup View Post
    Dislike. Not his character itself, but how the story handled him. Naruto should've strangled him & took his eye tbh.
    I am inbetwine. he should have been a bad guy at the end of the Story. reading the pain arc into the 5 kage arc, you even have the other members of the k11 saying they are going to gang up and take him out.

then in the obito fight he shows up like no big deal.

Status
    Dec 2017
    The fastest way to a girl's
    heart? Chidori!

Lov..... uhhw Like him xD

Status
    Dec 2011
    #MAVSNATION✔

Sasuke solos. Best character in the series.

Status
    This user has no status.

I don't like his character. It's uninteresting and predictably dark.

I take nothing away from his character and he leaves me with nothing to think about. He'd be forgettable if it weren't for him being the secondary protagonist.

Last edited by Damisa Sarki; 01-18-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

I didn't really like him, he was cliché, predictable, a hypocrite and so whiny it just became boring

Status
    Mar 2013
    Hanabi is itachi 2.0

I liked him, but he became emo, losing his composure and let his emotions not his intellect dictate his actions. From a rational creature to one driven purely by emotions, he would get manipulated like a little child. That didn't do his character any favours. I heard Kishi's editor left after the pain arc that's when the quality also started to go down so I'd put it down to him.

I do like his jutsu versatility though, it along eith kakashi's was the best thing about the Naruto series. He wasn't spamming SC's, and Rasengan, Rasen shuriken and chakra cloak.

Last edited by salamander uchiha; 01-18-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Status
    Dec 2017
    Mist Seven Swordsmen

What gets me is the hypocrite part. in the Ninja storm games Sasuke was one of the Ninjas I liked to use the most when the black coat. that was before I read the manga

one of my main problems with the story. is Sasuke was a wanted criminal. and the whole thing was brushed off, at the end.

Status
    après moi, le déluge

Awards Showcase

Whoever says they hate/don't like Sasuke's character is straight up lying. He's easily more likeable than Naruto and for sure the best character in this series.

Status
    I write sins, not tragedies

Awards Showcase

Sasuke is the best thing that happened to this series. If you hate Sasuke you practically hate Naruto since he takes the other 50% of it.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by AraigneeDuSoir View Post
    Whoever says they hate/don't like Sasuke's character is straight up lying. He's easily more likeable than Naruto and for sure the best character in this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard Tsunade View Post
    Sasuke is the best thing that happened to this series. If you hate Sasuke you practically hate Naruto since he takes the other 50% of it.
    Incorrect. It's one thing to like him, it's another to make these claims.

You shouldn't feel the need to explain why you like him or come up with excuses.

Last edited by Damisa Sarki; 01-18-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Status
    Dec 2017
    Mist Seven Swordsmen

Dam alts. user your main account.

Status
    Feb 2011

Awards Showcase

Used to be my fav. He was just that awesome up to the chuunin exams.. But then he practically lost to Gaara and got extremely jealous of Naruto. His mental/emotional state was just all about and kept flip flopping all the way to the end of the series. I get that he's an avenger and all but i've also watched shows that have characters with better mindsets as avengers (Mahiro from Tempest comes to mind)

I don't dislike/like him however.. He's just there for me.

Status
    Jan 2018
    SS <<<< Susano'O
    Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Windup View Post
    That would not be allowed by plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Damisa Sarki View Post
    I don't like his character. It's uninteresting and predictably dark.

I take nothing away from his character and he leaves me with nothing to think about. He'd be forgettable if it weren't for him being the secondary protagonist.
    Sasuke is forgettable? How is he forgettable exactly? No on stands out more than him, even Naruto gets outshadowed by people like Pain etc. He was unpredictable in the first half of shippuden but he changed into a predictable guy later.

Quote Originally Posted by WoldOfFingo View Post
    I didn't really like him, he was cliché, predictable, a hypocrite and so whiny it just became boring
    Sasuke's arcs were the most interesting arcs, Deidara, Danzo, Bee. Extremely interesting arcs. His analytical mind and seriousness and swag yet good somewhere down his heart, brings a freshner to the series, unlike typical villains and typical protagonists.

Status
    Jan 2018
    SS <<<< Susano'O
    Perfection.

Sasuke, itachi, sakura, pain, orochimaru, tobi are the best characters in Narutoverse.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Hanabi is itachi 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by AraigneeDuSoir View Post
    There's definitely no doubt in the fact that Sasuke is more likeable than Naruto. I think kishi let Sasuke down after the pain arc otherwise he could've arguably been the best character in the series.

Naruto is generally a shit character he's nor really a ninja or Shinobi it's one of the things I dislike about him.

I personally think the best generation was and could've been Kakashi's generation. Or if the Naruto gen was based off of them.

Last edited by salamander uchiha; 01-18-2018 at 11:16 AM.

The Orignal Doctor Dissonant Values's Avatar

Status
    Jan 2013
    This User Has Doctor Status

Quote Originally Posted by salamander uchiha View Post
    There's definitely no doubt in the fact that Sasuke is more likeable than Naruto. I think kishi let Sasuke down after the pain arc otherwise he could've arguably been the best character in the series.

Naruto is generally a shit character he's nor really a ninja or Shinobi it's one of the things I dislike about him.

I personally think the best generation was and could've been Kakashi's generation. Or if the Naruto gen was based off of them.
    I’m inclined to agree with this. Sasuke as a character was a lot more interesting. Even the filler episodes that chronicled a hypothetical Konoha Police Captain Sasuke were better than 90% of Shippuden.

Don’t get me wrong, watching Naruto overcome adversity and his crippiling ramen addiction was great. Sasuke is just more interesting and doesn’t suffer from Shonen Protagonist Syndrome.

Hell, Kosuke was a more interesting character than Naruto. I’d gladly watch a series about his backstory.

Status
    I write sins, not tragedies

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by salamander uchiha View Post

Exactly @paragraph 2. Naruto lacks the ninja traits. I can't see him doing anything that would fall under the category of gore. He's just this Jesus-wannabe that never does anything bad, and is often cowardly when it comes to handling villainous characters, always preferring words over actions and flaunting his bravado in the face of untenable evil. Sasuke on the other hand has been described as " pure" by Kishimoto, meaning he acts completely of his own free will and judgement and doesn't act to ingratiate and earning praise. His actions are ever pure and done for what he judges as correct, and not ostentatiously. He seemed evil, but was only being true to himself, and essentially pure. Sasuke is really the yang to Naruto's yin. He cannot be compared in quality, and they're only comparable because their characters are built on duality.

Last edited by Zack; 01-18-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Hanabi is itachi 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dissonant Values View Post
    I’m inclined to agree with this. Sasuke as a character was a lot more interesting. Even the filler episodes that chronicled a hypothetical Konoha Police Captain Sasuke were better than 90% of Shippuden.

Don’t get me wrong, watching Naruto overcome adversity and his crippiling ramen addiction was great. Sasuke is just more interesting and doesn’t suffer from Shonen Protagonist Syndrome.

Hell, Kosuke was a more interesting character than Naruto. I’d gladly watch a series about his backstory.
    Exactly @paragraph 2. Naruto lacks the ninja traits. I can't see doing anything that would fall under the category of gore. He's just this Jesus-wannabe that never does anything bad, and is often cowardly when it comes to handling villainous characters, always preferring words over actions and flaunting his bravado in the face of untenable evil.
    Both of you hit the nail on the head.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»