My theory on Why Itachi and Nagato could help Naruto
After the appearance of Itachi and Nagato musing on their fate, a few chapters later we're shown the 6 paths of Madara having both a sharingan and a rinnegan....coincidence?
I think not. There is a link of some sort here , and it could get pretty interesting. I actually think those two may very well hold the key in defeating these new 6 paths. Here's why:
1. I posted this in another thread of mine, that the bodies summoned by edo tensei are still able to hold onto a portion of their conscience, and shinobi with a willpower strong enough are able to break free of the Edo and can even act in total contradiction to the orders the user of the technique may give them. The thread i made:
The notable instances of someone overcoming the hold of the talisman possesed by Kabuto include Sasori and Hanzo. While its true that with the jinchurikis seemingly under Madara's control it would mean less strain on Kabuto to maintain his hold on the remaining Edos, Itachi and Nagato probably have a better chance of freeing themselves than anyone else. Kankuro was able to talk Sasori into a position where he eventually willingly crumbled away, Naruto, who is renowned for his talk no jutsu could probably do a much better job at convincing if it came to that. So we can say that it is possible that Itachi and Nagato are able to overcome Kabuto's ability to control them and act on their own free will. That is the first step.
2. At/after their deaths, they were both shown to be on the side of the good guys. Itachi was working for Konoha all along, and Pain was willing to give up his life to make amends for the deaths he caused and he put his faith in Naruto. So we have motive as well for the both of them to help Naruto in his fight against Madara. As we have seen, edo tensei's when revived have all their memories intact to the point of their death, so neither of these 2 would be forgetful of the sacrifices they made for trying to ensure peace, the polar opposite of the goals of Madara at this point, which is world domination achieved through mass subjugation via war.
3. This is probably the most important point of all, and it can be summed up in one word: ability. For all his talk of having given Nagato the rinnegan, the fact of the matter is, Madara Uchiha is more than likely to have less ability with that doujutsu than the former did. Why? Try counting the years from when Jiraiya spotted the rinnegan in Nagato, when he was just a child, to the time he invaded the leaf, at which point he must have been somewhere in his 30s. In that time, he managed to become the operational head of the Akatsuki, kill a legend like Hanzo, take over the Hidden Rain, kill Jiraiya and then Kakashi and destroy Konoha.....the point being that he had skill with the rinnegan(yes, not on the SO6P's level but skill nonetheless). He would know from all those years the best method possible to overcome/ nullify the threat posed by another rinnegan and could potentially transfer some incredibly useful intel to Naruto or the Joint Shinobi forces. The same applies to Itachi. No one knows more about a sharingan than him, Madara has acknowledged his prowess on several occasions(while talking to Sasuke he said you would have been dead had Itachi been serious, then in the Danzo fight his tsukiyomi was praised). The only possible sharingan technique that Itachi did not posses was space time teleportation that Tobi has been shown to have. However, Itachi was trained by Madara:http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/385/16, so for someone as perceptive as Itachi to not have learned a counter to those techniques is most unlikely. Especially since Konan knew of a weakness in Madara's space time, without in all probability anywhere near the level of interaction with him that Itachi would have had:
She eventually lost that fight because of her ignorance of the Izanagi technique, ignorance which Itachi does'nt share. Danzo was Itachi's commander in the Anbu and he used izanagi so the latter being aware of this technique is almost a given.
To sum this point up, Itachi and Nagato combined would be able to defeat these new 6 paths or give the info needed to accomplish it, its like the perfect set up.
4. There is the as yet unresolved mystery behind the powers Itachi gave Naruto. When those powers were given, it was hoped that they would never have to be used:
This power was given as a probable counter measure against Sasuke, and Itachi knew at that point that he would have MS. These new 6 paths have only regular 3 tomoe:
So it is a very likely possibility that whatever sharingan related powers they have are overcome by Itachi's gift. A meeting here with Naruto is all that is needed, Itachi need only unlock the powers already given, without having to directly fight himself, which would be difficult because of the Edo hold that Kabuto has.
There is another mystery, and it might be possible that Nagato gave some sort of power to Narut as well. When in Kyuubi mode, Naruto has a neclace on that is similar in appearance to the SO6Ps necklace:
There is a strong resemblance there, plus there is this chapter when Naruto is taking control of the Kyuubi:
The rinnegan was an eye power of the sage of the 6 paths, the Kyuubi mentioning him there would not make it impossible to say that Nagato might have given some sort of gift to Naruto as Itachi had, who knows, the details of this might be revealed in a future chapter.
5. Plot wise, it would seem somewhat redundant for Naruto and Bee to fight Madara's 6 paths and defeat them( tis inevitable as long as the show is called naruto lol) only to return to have to fight the 6 paths of Pain.....again. I do not believe that that will happen. I also don't believe that if the resurrected Nagato is as strong as the original Pain(he should be as all IWR summons are supposed to have all their former abilities) that anyone other than Naruto could beat him.
So to conclude i'll say that Itachi and Nagato can potentially have a critically important role to play, and having lived their lives as masters of the 2 greatest doujutsus, they have the ability to help Naruto, a jinchuriki against 6 paths who are jinchuriki, rinnegan and sharingan wielders at the same time(What better combo than Nagato, Itachi and Naruto to counter this,lol?).
Eventually, kishi will reveal all though i certainly believe that at the very least, the passing of information by these 2 to the shinobi alliance/Naruto for aid against Madara is a reasonable possibility.
Thanks for reading and hope you like this.
It is considered polite to plus rep/thank a post you like.